Avengers 12 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 04, 2012 11:31 am

Yes, but Stout's work consistently goes up after the market has settled.
kushmeja wrote:Can't believe that people are shelling out $300+ for this when there are 1,100 between both editions. The regular edition will be $150-$200 in a couple weeks - just wait people
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 pm

I want to trade mine for an Moss SW Set!

Sheesh...anyways, I scored one, don't care where the market goes with it, loved the movie, this one's a keeper! Glad i didn't have to pay the flipper price for it.
legit3
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I found one flaw on the poster, the iron man's chest (power source) is not a triangle like the movie.
Whatever this mark version armor should have a triangle on his chest, not a circle chest as mark IV in iron man one movie.
legit3
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 pm

I just checked the trailer. At the end, maybe he uses the circle chest armors again.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Please get back to us once you've resolved the chest shape question. It's critical we work that out.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
DarkPassnger
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 04, 2012 1:44 pm

legit3 wrote:I found one flaw on the poster, the iron man's chest (power source) is not a triangle like the movie.
Whatever this mark version armor should have a triangle on his chest, not a circle chest as mark IV in iron man one movie.
I won't spoil the movie but through certain events Iron Man wears another suit near the end of the movie so in the final battle it's the one he's wearing in the previews and on the poster.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - The Zapper
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri May 04, 2012 1:45 pm

mistersmith wrote:Please get back to us once you've resolved the chest shape question. It's critical we work that out.
:rolling:
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 04, 2012 2:08 pm

When the poster was revealed yesterday, I liked it a lot, but I wasn't blown away. Today, especially after seeing the movie, I'm really diggin the print. I think it is going to look amazing in person. So colorful and vibrant. Over the next month or so I have a lot of prints to look forward to including this, Ansin's Thor, Phantom's Captain America, Taylor's 20,000 Leagues and Stout's Red Variant of The Warriors. Thanks Mondo and Co! :notworthy: :clap: Gonna be a good month :drool:
Just a dude collecting paper
kyler4444
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 am

The price for this print is going up instead of down as many predicted. Maybe in another week or two demand for it will decrease and the price will follow suit.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 10:35 am

That's usually the way. Then in a year or two it'll shoot up again
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 10:38 am

kyler4444 wrote:The price for this print is going up instead of down as many predicted. Maybe in another week or two demand for it will decrease and the price will follow suit.
Or not, whose to say this will follow past sales trends. Many of the Stouts were for older films that didn't have a fraction of the hype surrounding them as this movie does. With more Avenger films already planned, this one might have some staying power as awareness of the prints grows outside of the comic and poster collectors worlds, and if they release more Stouts for subsequent Avenger films to match the first, the price might go even higher!
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 10:51 am

Prices will probably dip somewhat once the initial rush of people who missed the Mondo drop passes, but lots of new people may not know that Tyler himself will sell some, so maybe they think this is their only chance.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am

PaintByNumbers wrote:Prices will probably dip somewhat once the initial rush of people who missed the Mondo drop passes, but lots of new people may not know that Tyler himself will sell some, so maybe they think this is their only chance.
His lotteries are difficult to win though.

This film is more successful than almost any other one that Stout has done, so it'll be interesting to see if that has some influence on the prices.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Tue May 08, 2012 11:04 am

machination wrote:
PaintByNumbers wrote:Prices will probably dip somewhat once the initial rush of people who missed the Mondo drop passes, but lots of new people may not know that Tyler himself will sell some, so maybe they think this is their only chance.

This film is more successful than almost any other one that Stout has done, so it'll be interesting to see if that has some influence on the prices.
you're in Canada, so you have a better chance :P
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 am

RiotAct wrote:
machination wrote:

you're in Canada, so you have a better chance :P
haha

You know what's weird? I can't see the tongue face at work. But I can see most of the other smileys. There's something very weird about that. It changes the meaning of messages (sometimes I quote posts just to see if there's a specific face hidden).