Eagles of Death Metal Manchester 07 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pi3rce42
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Vedderman23 wrote:I can almost see a mullet hanging down over the top of it.
hehe, yeah me 2 :lol:
don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things...
ryan_1969

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:40 pm

jesse would so wear this.
muffinslinger
Art Expert

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:11 am

damn man. i don't even have to see it in person to know- this is going to blow the velvet revolver print out of the water. denim paper, looks like puffed ink, glitter, nextlevelawesome.
AckAlex
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:31 am

can't wait to see this one, looks like Emek just keeps getting better :lol:
Never squeel on the pusha, don't lie to yo momma, just do as you wanna, it'll be ok
moonshine
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:02 am

no way is that better than the VR...you people got to come down from your mushroom high...Emek is a great artist but he's not the next Picasso or Monet.......
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 am

moonshine wrote:no way is that better than the VR...you people got to come down from your mushroom high...Emek is a great artist but he's not the next Picasso or Monet.......
I don't think anyone said he is.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:56 am

looks like I need to email EMEK...

KIDDING!!!!!
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:06 am

muffinslinger wrote:this is going to blow the velvet revolver print out of the water. denim paper, looks like puffed ink, glitter, nextlevelawesome.
IMHO, the Velvet Revolver is the most overrated print in the history of prints. The velvet makes it different, but the art isn't even close to some of his more involved pieces.
Honestly think the velvet posters are 'cheesy' looking, maybe it's because of "velvet elvis" prints and the like ruined it for me. Yes, I owned a VR, was actually underwhelmed when I got it and now it's in someone else's collection

IMO this looks cheesy as well--as in "Midway at the Town Fair" cheap tapestry tacky--but it's more appropriate because it's EODM.
It's a weird thing, a lot of people seem to be impressed by production gimmicks, things that have nothing to do with the art itself
watersbrad
Art Expert

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:14 am

novelty = attention
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:22 am

mcgod wrote:
muffinslinger wrote:this is going to blow the velvet revolver print out of the water. denim paper, looks like puffed ink, glitter, nextlevelawesome.
The velvet makes it different, but the art isn't even close to some of his more involved pieces.
:iagree:
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:27 am

Emek wouldn't sell any posters is it weren't for all the "production gimmicks".... :?

Whatever.... the man is cutting edge. Staying out of the rut, experimenting with different mediums. He could sell posters printed on toilet paper....
I understand the stinkeye directed at the flippers, now the people who like denim and velvets? Man, you guys are tough sometimes! :)
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:38 am

turnJBup wrote:Emek wouldn't sell any posters is it weren't for all the "production gimmicks".... :?

Whatever.... the man is cutting edge. Staying out of the rut, experimenting with different mediums. He could sell posters printed on toilet paper....
I understand the stinkeye directed at the flippers, now the people who like denim and velvets? Man, you guys are tough sometimes! :)
Who the hell said he wouldn't sell any posters if it weren't for production gimmicks? No one.
I was marveling at the fact that so many collectors seem impressed with them, while others think they are kinda lame

You don't have to love everything emek does ya know. Some of you seem personally offended when anyone is critical of the guy. It's really strange.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:59 am

Not offended man...
Just an art freak who appreciates vision and concept.
I think the denim fits for this poster, looking forward to seeing it in the framing thread.
Maybe he'll bring denim back... kind of like the truckers hats only not as lame. :)
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:07 pm

Y'all keep kickin' it w/ the denim.

I just scored a Members Only variant. :shock: :shock:
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:10 pm

it reminds me of all the grits in the mid-80's wearing jean jackets packed w/ metal patches on the back smoking ganks in the boys room.

I was planning on holding my opinion until I see it in person, but it's looks pretty good to me.