Read Between The Lines 12 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
summoner
Art Freak
Posts: 11179
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 am

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:07 pm

My charge when though for this, so I am assuming that they shipped. Had anyone gotten theirs from them that purchased over the phone?
Image Image Image
zappaisalive
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 12:00 am

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

FWIW I was there yesterday. They had a box out with tubes marked with folks names on them, don't know if those were to be shipped but mine was held for pickup and it was stored in a back room.
User avatar
bigmuls
Art Expert
Posts: 1959
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: DC USA

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 pm

summoner wrote:My charge when though for this, so I am assuming that they shipped. Had anyone gotten theirs from them that purchased over the phone?
I got a notice that mine shipped today.
User avatar
wmd
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: los angeles

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 pm

bigmuls wrote:
summoner wrote:My charge when though for this, so I am assuming that they shipped. Had anyone gotten theirs from them that purchased over the phone?
I got a notice that mine shipped today.
Me too. I ordered last Friday, they told me it would ship the following Monday. Meh.
User avatar
summoner
Art Freak
Posts: 11179
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 am

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Hmmmm, I order then too and have not gotten anything. Then again, I cannot say I remember giving them my email address. I was charged early in the week however.
Image Image Image
User avatar
wmd
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: los angeles

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:17 pm

summoner wrote:Hmmmm, I order then too and have not gotten anything. Then again, I cannot say I remember giving them my email address. I was charged early in the week however.
I asked them to email me because I was wary of just 'giving money' over the phone without any receipt or proof.
User avatar
z0m6ie
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: dayton, ohio

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:45 am

MODS.. this is a edition of 550 not 450. Thanks.
cybernigel
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Isn't being able to properly roll a poster about the only skill you need to work in a museum gift shop? Why do these jokers keep fcking it up?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
mkuborn
Art Expert
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm

So all the talk about this being only avail at the museum was bull and there are two 550 editions or 200 for the gallery and 350 for obey. I never understand how they do this, when they do a local show then an online release, it is never specifically addressed in the release info if they are separate editions or one.
sixstringer wrote: prints on da ground...prints on da ground...acting like a fool with your prints on da ground!

User avatar
dinkydoggy
Art Expert
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:28 pm

mkuborn wrote:So all the talk about this being only avail at the museum was bull and there are two 550 editions or 200 for the gallery and 350 for obey. I never understand how they do this, when they do a local show then an online release, it is never specifically addressed in the release info if they are separate editions or one.
I'm quite sure they're the same edition; Fairey gets a certain amount to sell, the gallery gets the rest.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10983
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 pm

I will never buy from galleries. Only the artist.
Image
nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:51 am

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm

z0m6ie wrote:MODS.. this is a edition of 550 not 450. Thanks.
Im confused. Are there 2 editions of this? The Cinci edition of 550 and the Obey edition of 450?

I passed on ordering from the Cinci museum. I heard some horror stories about a pete rose warhol print from years ago.

How much were they from Cinci?
User avatar
z0m6ie
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: dayton, ohio

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 pm

nowhitespace wrote:
z0m6ie wrote:MODS.. this is a edition of 550 not 450. Thanks.
Im confused. Are there 2 editions of this? The Cinci edition of 550 and the Obey edition of 450?

I passed on ordering from the Cinci museum. I heard some horror stories about a pete rose warhol print from years ago.

How much were they from Cinci?
They were $50 plus tax at the show. The cincy CAC print is out of 550 which all of the sold eBay listings are for. I'm guessing whenever they changed the new HTML link they copied and pasted it and didn't change it from 450 to 550. They could be printing another 450 but my guess is that they would a change the color or something along the lines of the "he served us well" print. The warhol print that had all the rolling and care problems were from the cincinatti museum center not the contemporary arts center.
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Has anyone received their CAC order in the mail?
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Post Reply