20,000 Leagues Under The Sea 12 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:07 pm

So after losing out on the drop, and being completely unaware of the existence of AP drops etc., and after chasing this more or less seriously for the past year, I finally nabbed one. This is my favorite poster bar none. As politely as I can, I'm planning to ask Mr. Taylor to sign it at MondoCon. Is it possible to rent an armored truck for a day?
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Congrats! :pint:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
chump
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Been eyeing this one up since I got in the hobby, which was after this release. Anyone out there that has actually seen both in person have an opinion on which version looks better?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 pm

chump wrote:Been eyeing this one up since I got in the hobby, which was after this release. Anyone out there that has actually seen both in person have an opinion on which version looks better?
The reg is far better IMO. Had the variant first, got a reg, got rid of the variant. The variant has incredible gid and metallic inks but the brown color palette paless in comparison to the reg. The reg has such a classic movie poster feel to it and the colors are incredible.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:42 am

Kramerica wrote:
chump wrote:Been eyeing this one up since I got in the hobby, which was after this release. Anyone out there that has actually seen both in person have an opinion on which version looks better?
The reg is far better IMO. Had the variant first, got a reg, got rid of the variant. The variant has incredible gid and metallic inks but the brown color palette paless in comparison to the reg. The reg has such a classic movie poster feel to it and the colors are incredible.
Agreed. Reg all day, it's really no comparison.
chump
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:47 am

RottenAtom wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
Agreed. Reg all day, I wouldn't even consider the variant.
My first initial thought was the reg, but because the going rate is that much lower on the variant, I didn't want to ignore it, though I really could care less about the GID. But thanks for the opinions gents. I think I will spend the extra cash for the reg. :pint:
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:49 am

chump wrote:
My first initial thought was the reg, but because the going rate is that much lower on the variant, :pint:
Yeah the rate is lower with good reason. It is nice, but not even close
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:04 am

Don't sleep on the variant though....it's still a looker.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:54 am

Picked up a variant here from EB - Wow! This is my first Taylor and what a beautiful print!
IbisMummy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:12 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Don't sleep on the variant though....it's still a looker.
Owning both, I can only echo everyone else. Reg. is the winner, without a doubt. HOWEVER, considering this is one of the best executed pieces I've ever seen, calling the reg. better is like enjoying an 18 year Glennfiddich over a 5 year; if it's your bag, both are sure to please. I will say, bar none, I have no print with such an amazing, topographical representation of the Sierra Madre-like, pile of thick ink plied upon the paper (and paper that can, unlike early Ansin's, handle the wet weight) as the variant... it's truly a thing of awe. For my money, this is one of the few prints (Horkey's Fantastic Planet/Planete Sauvage, and his LOTR set) where I can justify a, purely color way differentiated variant, purchase of both the reg. and var.
ironjaiden: "...I have no idea how some of you dudes make it through the day, stressful as life is and all."
Frank Zappa: "Good night Austin, Texas, wherever you are."
statik
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:43 pm

New frame up by the amazing Framing Devil. This is actually my better half's grail that was long overdue to be turned over to The Devil's hands. I'll have more photos when we get it home after picking it up and my Robin Hood OG.

Xposted to Framing Devil's dedicated frame thread.

drymount your sig!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:49 pm

One of Taylor's best, nice frame job. Glad to see there aren't tentacles drawn on the mat or some fudge.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:49 pm

statik wrote:New frame up by the amazing Framing Devil.
Perfect.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
statik
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Kramerica wrote:One of Taylor's best, nice frame job. Glad to see there aren't tentacles drawn on the mat or some fudge.
Wanted to keep it true to the classic vintage Disney style. Molding is custom painted to match the Nautilus. Pretty much the way it should be. I personally got a little tired of seeing everyone use the metal rivet molding on this one. A new approach was long overdue.
drymount your sig!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:09 pm

I think it's the best treatment I have seen for the print. Looks damn classy.