Edgar Wright Live 12 Tong

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Edgar Wright Live 12 Tong

TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Everything about this is good. Everything.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:45 am

ISO Sean variant.
Dario33
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 am

Anyone know the edition size?
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm

like it :clap:
anocur
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:16 am

Dario33 wrote:Anyone know the edition size?
ebay listing mentions 285... not sure if accurate though.
appletree wrote:People hang this stuff up? I thought it was supposed to go under my bed, gain value, and then make me some phat money? limited paper mayne
DrScott44
Art Expert

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:32 am

Edition size is, in fact, 285.

Looks really kick-ass in person (and even better personalized by EW!).

I'm pretty sure I know who the person selling on eBay is: he was the really greasy-lookin' dude that was running his mouth to anyone that'd listen in front of the theater about how much money he was gonna make on these prints. Plus, pretty sure everyone else that bought one hung around to get Edgar's signature. I brought my SCOTT PILGRIM variant and had him sign that, too. Gonna hang 'em side-by-side.

I had Tim League sign the Tong, too, what with the print being in commemoration of the opening of the Slaughter Drafthouse and all.

Great print, great night, no chance of sleeping after that.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
Celsius
Flipper

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:49 am

DrScott44 wrote:Edition size is, in fact, 285.

I'm pretty sure I know who the person selling on eBay is: he was the really greasy-lookin' dude that was running his mouth to anyone that'd listen in front of the theater about how much money he was gonna make on these prints. Plus, pretty sure everyone else that bought one hung around to get Edgar's signature. I brought my SCOTT PILGRIM variant and had him sign that, too. Gonna hang 'em side-by-side.

I had Tim League sign the Tong, too, what with the print being in commemoration of the opening of the Slaughter Drafthouse and all.

How much was the print? $45?
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:54 am

Celsius wrote:

How much was the print? $45?
It was $40+tax = $43.80
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Sounds like an awesome evening.... Good for you man.. enjoy that Print
:pint:
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Was it one per person? Would love to get my hands on one.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 am

Yes it was one per person. With the exception of t-shirts, anything Mondo related is one per person whether its a print available at a screening, online drop or gallery purchase.
jamesmassey1988 wrote:Was it one per person? Would love to get my hands on one.
binky79
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 am

You and me both.

I hope there were enough left to have a scheduled online drop. I don't know if I like the "there-aren't-a-lot-so-it's-a-random-drop" possibility. Maybe even today with the book?
emac
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 am

rubenjleal wrote:Yes it was one per person. With the exception of t-shirts, anything Mondo related is one per person whether its a print available at a screening, online drop or gallery purchase.
Hey Ruben, is there a new (official or unspoken) rule with Mondo that they want prints to be one per household now? Between my own experience and stories from other people, I've heard multiple times of Mondo employees being upset when more than one person in a family unit buys a print -- as if they want it to be one per family, not one per person. (For instance, husband and wife attend an event together, but they were told by Mondo employee that they can only buy one copy of a print.)
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 pm

emac wrote:
rubenjleal wrote:Yes it was one per person. With the exception of t-shirts, anything Mondo related is one per person whether its a print available at a screening, online drop or gallery purchase.
Hey Ruben, is there a new (official or unspoken) rule with Mondo that they want prints to be one per household now? Between my own experience and stories from other people, I've heard multiple times of Mondo employees being upset when more than one person in a family unit buys a print -- as if they want it to be one per family, not one per person. (For instance, husband and wife attend an event together, but they were told by Mondo employee that they can only buy one copy of a print.)
emac, since I've been in the game (They Live screening), Ive always understood it as 1 per person w/live events like MMM's & screenings (Gremlins, Drive, E.W., etc). I've seen many people from near & afar come w/a spouse/significant other/child of reasonable age and each person is able to obtain a print as long as they have a ticket. However with online drops, I believe it operates under 1 per person/household. I just checked the details for the Melancholia prints and there is a note that say "One per person/household/etc.". I know I've seen that note/restriction on their online prints for quite sometime now. So there is an official rule applying to online drops for sure. As far as them denying purchases like your example above, I haven't honestly seen/heard of that happening, not to say it doesn't happen, I just havent seen it. So thats all I can really say from an unofficial observation. I'd suggest that if a couple were worried about that type of situation occuring, I'd advise them to email the Mondo team for an official answer.