War Of The Worlds 12 Kako

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
simianfever
Art Expert

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:01 pm

fourthstooge wrote:I'm really surprised to see that this sells for so little online for something that has such a small run. It's a completely bad ass poster for a classic. I have mine framed in the living room and it's very nice.
Same here. I have it framed down in our playroom alongside Tong's Forbidden Planet with a lot of original 50s/60s sci-fi and horror one sheets also framed in the room and they both fit right in and look great.
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:08 pm

simianfever wrote:
fourthstooge wrote:I'm really surprised to see that this sells for so little online for something that has such a small run. It's a completely bad ass poster for a classic. I have mine framed in the living room and it's very nice.
Same here. I have it framed down in our playroom alongside Tong's Forbidden Planet with a lot of original 50s/60s sci-fi and horror one sheets also framed in the room and they both fit right in and look great.
Sold the one that I had for cost to a fellow member, and ended up picking up another for more than I sold my first one for. Have this one framed up but not on a wall currently... That may have to change today!!
Image Image Image
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:43 pm

I just had a guy who recently started collecting the Mondo posters and subsequently other screen printed movie posters ask me for advice on posters to pick up. My advise was to get the ones that you like and stick 'em on the wall. Don't let value be your determining factor unless you just can't afford it. He wants to put some stuff up that looks good and I started putting together a list of posters that I thought were really nice and undervalued so he can put some nice things up without breaking the bank. This was on the top of the list I gave him. It can be had a great price and it looks really cool framed up. I love it!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

fourthstooge wrote:I just had a guy who recently started collecting the Mondo posters and subsequently other screen printed movie posters ask me for advice on posters to pick up. My advise was to get the ones that you like and stick 'em on the wall. Don't let value be your determining factor unless you just can't afford it. He wants to put some stuff up that looks good and I started putting together a list of posters that I thought were really nice and undervalued so he can put some nice things up without breaking the bank. This was on the top of the list I gave him. It can be had a great price and it looks really cool framed up. I love it!
I agree, I have this print and love it.
Image Image Image
xangelx
Art Expert

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Me too, it's one of my favs and have always been surprised at how little love it gets. Doesn't matter though, looks great on my wall.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:28 pm

xangelx wrote:it's one of my favs and have always been surprised at how little love it gets. Doesn't matter though, looks great on my wall.
My thoughts as well. And I think that the combination of movie and artist has kept this from being seen in person by the masses. It looks great in person. The silverish blue is metallic and is such a cool color. It's one of my favorite pieces that I have on my walls (although I admit that the great frame job has helped in that regard).
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
mairafm
New User

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Anyone still interested in this poster? I'm Brazilian girl, Kako kindly gave me as a gift to help me raise funds for spinal surgery.