Trolleys 07 Banksy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:00 am

Staunchy wrote:this print really tanked. the shill bidding stopped!
I think the weak pound can attribute to the decline in price more than shill bidding.
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:25 pm

boatingbenny wrote:
Staunchy wrote:this print really tanked. the shill bidding stopped!
I think the weak pound can attribute to the decline in price more than shill bidding.
As well as the largest signed Banksy print run ever . . . edition clocks in at a whopping 750!
phistory
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:11 pm

http://www.shopatlazarides.com/prints/b ... our_signed

rerelease? why would anyone pay $4500 now when you can buy one for $2500 on the bay?

looks like people just have them sitting in their baskets waiting to save up $4500? :clap:
Listen to my last words...they might be what i just said. --D.Mustane.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:50 pm

phistory wrote:http://www.shopatlazarides.com/prints/b ... our_signed

rerelease? why would anyone pay $4500 now when you can buy one for $2500 on the bay?

looks like people just have them sitting in their baskets waiting to save up $4500? :clap:
they like to play hide the sausage
appletree
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Out of curiosity, how do you know when and where to buy a Banksy print?

I am not really wanting one but its bugging me I can not figure out how. For example the website banksy.co.uk has a shop but there is like nothing there. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
cerebus
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:24 pm

appletree wrote:Out of curiosity, how do you know when and where to buy a Banksy print?

I am not really wanting one but its bugging me I can not figure out how. For example the website banksy.co.uk has a shop but there is like nothing there. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Used to be from here on random drop times:

http://www.picturesonwalls.com/Art_Arti ... 0&PageNo=1

Now, they are handled by lottery, or for the No Ball Games Grey version, in store at POW.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:25 pm

appletree wrote:Out of curiosity, how do you know when and where to buy a Banksy print?

Thanks in advance.
You're best bet for Banksy is the secondary market. Join up over at Banksy Forums and there's always plenty for sale. Beyond that, you have Lazarides and the usual suspects that sell what they have in inventory. Andipa Gallery is a good place to start, then you always have the auctions at Bonhams, Sotheby's, etc. But try Banksy Forums. I've had a lot of luck, just takes time to build trust and relationships as you're not selling/trading/shipping out $50-$100 gig posters :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
appletree
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Ah so basically if you want one plan to drop $5000 or whatever. There is really no such thing as a store that sells them at a random time on such and such date for $500 or similar prices like Kawasaki and stuff does.

Sorry I am really new to all of these mainly hang around Shep, Emek, Kawasaki, DD, McCarthy, Pardee, and other type stuff. I have no interest in getting high dollar (>1000) in it maybe Banksy is not up my alley. :)

To be honest I only am buying 2 or 3 shepard faireys I like, 1 or 2 kawasakis (dont really go on my walls though so I may buy none but I do like her work) and a few prints here and there. Everything I am buying is strictly by the rule only buy if I love it, not just like it and buy it, also that I spend time at my pops place and make frames out of cypress and such. Mainly small end prints for my apartment, ie emek deathcab, emek sigur ros, jay ryan alkaline, shepard rose shackle, stuff along those lines. I just always have an eye open for pardee, banksy, kawasaki and stuff. Its kind of like window shopping. Not that I cant go get it but really just do not need any more hobbies as work, painting, photography, games, reading and everything else keeps me busy enough. Plus I am a penny pincher...

I was mainly curious where people pick up his prints, as I personally only like a few of his pieces, but still its Banksy...

Thanks for the advice, sorry for rambling.
Last edited by appletree on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

cerebus
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:11 pm

appletree wrote:Ah so basically if you want one plan to drop $5000 or whatever. There is really no such thing as a store that sells them at a random time on such and such date for $500 or similar prices like Kawasaki and stuff does.

Sorry I am really new to all of these mainly hang around Shep, Emek, Kawasaki, DD, McCarthy, Pardee, and other type stuff. I have no interest in getting high dollar (>1000) in it maybe Banksy is not up my alley. :)

I was mainly curious where people pick up his prints, as I personally only like a few of his pieces, but still its Banksy...

Thanks for the advice.
From source, i.e. not secondary prices, Banksy prints are now only sold via lottery by Pictures On Walls. You should get on their mailing list so that you're told the next time that they'll do this. At the moment, he's only releasing 2 or 3 prints per year.
appletree
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:17 pm

You were too quick for my editing haha. Ok thanks, I joined just so I know as its better to know than not at all. Over the past month or so I actually joined all of the mailing lists for artists that I like.

Thanks again. Your help is much appreciated.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

Eighty
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:11 pm

airtight provenance
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Eighty wrote:

airtight provenance
Which is huge... I have yet to buy any Banksy from the 'Bay though most have Pest Control and/or POW COA, but the few prints that I have purchased over at Banksy have ALL been perfect transactions with great fans of Banksy that bought early. F**k, wish I would have know about the guy back in 2000 :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
grinder
New User

Mon May 31, 2010 11:08 pm

comountaingolf wrote:

Thanks in advance.
You're best bet for Banksy is the secondary market. Join up over at Banksy Forums and there's always plenty for sale. Beyond that, you have Lazarides and the usual suspects that sell what they have in inventory. Andipa Gallery is a good place to start, then you always have the auctions at Bonhams, Sotheby's, etc. But try Banksy Forums. I've had a lot of luck, just takes time to build trust and relationships as you're not selling/trading/shipping out $50-$100 gig posters :wink:
Sorry to bump an oldie but considering most of these guys are in London, how safe is it to get a print shipped to the USA?

TYIA
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

For a Banksy, I think it would hurt both the buyer and the seller if one was damaged in shipping.
I'm sure they are packed up well.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:00 pm

POW sent me my NBG'S double tubes. It's not impossible, but a pain in the ass
if not done the right way.

That said, anyone that owns a Banksy should be aware of these practices.