Page 2 of 4

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:38 pm
by ironjaiden
It's interesting that this film has made so many designers feel compelled to do a poster for it. I wonder what quality fuels that. It's certainly a nice looking movie with style for days but there's gotta be something else driving (hah) this creative output.
It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out. I wonder what the... wait a secon.. I got it! Only one ingredient could make a soup this good.

Image

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:46 pm
by jamesmassey1988
tranito wrote:I hear the printing on Boyes' adds some punch to it, so I don't expect it to lose any point there.
The metallics look fantastic.

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:52 pm
by tranito
ironjaiden wrote:It's interesting that this film has made so many designers feel compelled to do a poster for it. I wonder what quality fuels that. It's certainly a nice looking movie with style for days but there's gotta be something else driving (hah) this creative output.
It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out. I wonder what the... wait a secon.. I got it! Only one ingredient could make a soup this good.
Overall, I'd say poster artists felt compelled because every aspect of this film seems art oriented, if that means anything. Not really sure what art direction does in a movie, but if that is something, I'd say give that art director guy an Oscar. From the direction, music, dialogues, I'd even say the performances and of course the visuals (overall look and style), all were well thought out and polished to give a final product that is an art film. I'm not surprised it inspires many artists who design/draw for a living to create a poster about it.

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm
by Codeblue
ironjaiden wrote: It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out.
This is some flashy lookin' unauthorized bs!

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:58 pm
by SaintNoir
Codeblue wrote:
ironjaiden wrote: It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out.
This is some flashy lookin' unauthorized bs!
Is it? I know he was afraid to print it initially due to those concerns... so he said he was waiting to get the "OK." The fact that he is now doing a big run, I took to mean he got the official go ahead.

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:01 pm
by binky79
This one is official. Or so he says.

https://twitter.com/#!/Signalnoise/stat ... 8908664832

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:02 pm
by Codeblue
Oh snap. In that case, POTY!

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm
by SaintNoir
Yup.

" After a little while of negotiating, my agent and good pal Ollie Judge inked a deal with Film District to make this poster official."

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:50 pm
by edderlyj
Why's it always gotta be drive white?

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:01 pm
by edderlyj
We've been showing this for two and a half months. There's always at least two people in the theater, but never more than twenty. Having seen this flick 12 times or so, I can firmly plant it in my top five all time favorites. I agree there'll be a few more inspired pieces down the line. The movie is the driver's, but there are three other big faces, and a car or two that deserve a little more ink, imho.

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:05 pm
by machination
Damn you, IJ. Damn you.

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:51 pm
by ironjaiden
binky79 wrote:This one is official. Or so he says.

https://twitter.com/#!/Signalnoise/stat ... 8908664832
Oh wow that's rad. Poster still woulda been the hot fudge as a bootleg but now it's got that sexy flip poh-tench! 8)
machination wrote:Damn you, IJ. Damn you.
Look at him! :drool:

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:36 pm
by machination
I forgot to mention that James White's style really matches the aesthetics and music of the film too.

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:53 pm
by dasher12
It doesn't hurt that Carey Mulligan and Christina Hendricks are smoking hot in this film either. A killer combo.

I want one !

Re: Drive 11 White

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 pm
by ironjaiden
machination wrote:I forgot to mention that James White's style really matches the aesthetics and music of the film too.
Yeah he's just about the perfect artist for this.