War For Sale 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
shonquan
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:49 pm

atleast you got street weapons
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:50 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:I'm just f*cking sick of hearing about the war...........from him, the media,......everyone.
I hear you, I really do, I think I may have even grumbled the same thing when I first saw the image. However outta sight outta mind just isn't going to work in this case, I mean could you imagine how the iraqi citizens feel :cry: And we think we are sick of it... These posters I feel are really important now and in twenty years they will still be important pieces of history. At the same time I say all that I would like to see a much lighter hearted Fairey :)
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:51 pm

double post :oops: :lol:
ryan_1969

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:04 pm

deliahdelyon wrote:
ryan_1969 wrote:I'm just f*cking sick of hearing about the war...........from him, the media,......everyone.
I hear you, I really do, I think I may have even grumbled the same thing when I first saw the image. However outta sight outta mind just isn't going to work in this case, I mean could you imagine how the iraqi citizens feel :cry: And we think we are sick of it... These posters I feel are really important now and in twenty years they will still be important pieces of history. At the same time I say all that I would like to see a much lighter hearted Fairey :)
I didn't really mean out of sight and out of mind. We all got suckered into this thing by you know who. Now i just wish we could find some way to fix it. I just think this one is pretty cheap as far as concept. I liked the last one, i didn't buy it, but i liked it.
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:13 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:
deliahdelyon wrote:
We all got suckered into this thing by you know who. Now i just wish we could find some way to fix it.
:iagree:
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:13 pm

do they always release a print on Tuesday?
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:17 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:The same old message is getting pretty old. I'm ready for more non war prints from Shepard. I like his style. I'm just f*cking sick of hearing about the war...........from him, the media,......everyone.
You are sick of hearing about the war? Coming from a civilian at a computer? Dude we all are! Don't blame an artist for keeping up on current events. There is a war going on... what else is there? What else is more important? He's got the balls to be political, don't knock that fudge. We need more people/artists who realize that war isn't just a word.
Sheppard is the man for not wanting to forget that our countrymen are being maimed and killed everyday. While our traitor in chief ignores the whole country and keeps the big lie moving right along, and the money coming in.

Keep ignoring it, maybe it will go away.
indymatty
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:22 pm

I agree with what what most of you are saying...We agree with Shepard's distaste for the war, but we would like to see a little variety in his posters. For example, I thought the Ali print was unbelievable, I would really like to see Shepard do more iconic prints.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:48 pm

I hear you.
I support activism in art... IMHO it a speaks volumes about the time period. I'm pissed I'll be lumped into the Bush stole America and no one gave a fudge era. Kind of how we gave the Native Americans democracy only with more deceit and less blankets.

Looking forward to no war big time.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm

turnJBup wrote: I support activism in art... IMHO it a speaks volumes about the time period.
ditto!
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm

I liked the Ali print too!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:22 pm

Being political is fine, but it's another story when it becomes all you do with your art. I agree that he should stop repeatedly profiting off the war and mix it up a bit. When people come to my house I don't want it to look like a fuck1ng anti-war propaganda museum.
vtadams22
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:25 pm

The bad part is that with all that's going on, looks like war is here to stay for a while, whether a Republican or a Democrat is in the house. Something we're going to have to start understanding and learning to find solutions or alternatives to. Pointing the finger at Bush will only do so much.

The worse part is that it's f'ing impossible to buy any of these posters now, unless you want to go to ebay and pay about triple what they should be. Oh, then there's always the run of 7000 offsets. Did someone mention making money off of war?
ryan_1969

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:46 am

turnJBup wrote:
ryan_1969 wrote:The same old message is getting pretty old. I'm ready for more non war prints from Shepard. I like his style. I'm just f*cking sick of hearing about the war...........from him, the media,......everyone.
You are sick of hearing about the war? Coming from a civilian at a computer? Dude we all are! Don't blame an artist for keeping up on current events. There is a war going on... what else is there? What else is more important? He's got the balls to be political, don't knock that fudge. We need more people/artists who realize that war isn't just a word.
Sheppard is the man for not wanting to forget that our countrymen are being maimed and killed everyday. While our traitor in chief ignores the whole country and keeps the big lie moving right along, and the money coming in.

Keep ignoring it, maybe it will go away.
Yep, Shepards wallet will never forget the maimed. What is it, 30 bucks every time someone is remembered? + shipping? Please don't misunderstand my distaste for this poster as disrespect for anybody serving this country. Support the troops, please shoot the president. Peace.
nc
EB Team

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:31 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:
turnJBup wrote: I support activism in art... IMHO it a speaks volumes about the time period.
ditto!
:iagree:

Hence my current Avatar
<------