Eden Hashish Centre Gayatri 68

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 am

This topic is dedicated to: Eden Hashish Centre Gayatri 68

ricv64
Art Expert

Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 am

D king showed me a bunch of these , pretty rad
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:57 pm

I picked a few of these decades ago in NYC for a song, maybe 5 bones or less.
I remember pouring through stacks of 'em. Tons of different designs. Some of them were very nicely done for lithos - humerous, too. Others were totally cheesy with poorly executed designs and/or bad printining.

I still have a couple somewhere, I should search for them.

I was curious about the shop, here's a bit on it, don't know how accurate it is ...
=======================================

The Eden Hashish Centre was the largest of several legal storefronts in Kathmandu that provided quality hash and grass to the tourists. Mr. Sharma, the owner, opened two shops. The original location was at 5/1 Basantpur in the famous "Freak Street" hippy district, a location that ironically now is occupied by a bank. The second shop was located at 5/259 Ombahal, said to be in the Thamel area.

In late 1973, soon after the second Edenhash shop opened, threats of the loss of foreign aid from the American administration of Richard Nixon forced Nepal to outlaw hashish and marijuana. The two Eden Hashish Centres, the Central Hashish Centre and the others closed their doors and the pot and hashish business moved underground.
"Those English kids want to play the blues so bad—and they do play the blues so bad".
Sonny Boy Williamson on the feeble attempts by '60's British bands to play the blues.
automator
Nobody

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:41 pm

New image Eden Hashish Centre Gayatri 68