Exodus I 11 Keyes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 pm

danklax5 wrote:Josh has serious painting skills..
Fixed. And you have serious detective skills. The ''direct inspiration'' from that image is now confirmed.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
calarochelle
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:49 pm

if this one becomes a print, my post-Xmas wish list will need an extension :D
piomba
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 pm

tranito wrote:It is a nice find indeed. Good job dank.
I don't want to sound too negative, dude's obviously a king here and is to EB what the lion is to the jungle, but generally speaking (can't confirm it is the case here), I'm always a bit disappointed when a quick google search seems easy enough for members to find original material artists got their direct inspiration from. I got that naive part in me that wants to believe they paint directly out of their head or at least from an image they found in an old impossible to find book. I have something against how easy it is and how adulterated it is to create art that was lead by a search engine, how beautiful it can be. It happens too often.
Would you have preferred that he travel to Africa and paint the image while on safari? Or if he went to the zoo to take a photo of a lion himself? I think the source of the image should have no bearing on the merits of the piece. His ability to translate an image to canvas with a brush and paint is where any criticism should be directed.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Fair enough.

To be honest, I already know some people don't care about this. I also know some people are quite annoyed by it. People share their views on here and it's cool as long as you dont try to tell someone else how he should appreciate art. That's not what I was trying to do. I value originality and creativity in an artist's work and I'm sorry to say that you're not getting top appreciation from me if the thing you just painted can be exactly found on an image after a quick google search. No need to fight about it. I think it's drymounting rad that AK doesn't paint portrait of existing persons, but that they come out of her brush strokes just like that. No big deal. This forum is there to talk about what we like and what we like less. I never insulted Josh's talent or anything. It was a very specific aspect. Carry on.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
piomba
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm

tranito wrote:Fair enough.

To be honest, I already know some people don't care about this. I also know some people are quite annoyed by it. People share their views on here and it's cool as long as you dont try to tell someone else how he should appreciate art. That's not what I was trying to do. I value originality and creativity in an artist's work and I'm sorry to say that you're not getting top appreciation from me if the thing you just painted can be exactly found on an image after a quick google search. No need to fight about it. I think it's drymounting rad that AK doesn't paint portrait of existing persons, but that they come out of her brush strokes just like that. No big deal. This forum is there to talk about what we like and what we like less. I never insulted Josh's talent or anything. It was a very specific aspect. Carry on.
not meant to be a personal attack. more a defense of JK. completely appreciate where you are coming from. definitely threw me when i stumbled upon the source image for sperry's recent pj poster via a basic google search.

i just feel JK gets an easy pass because he is working towards realism in his figures and photos are one of the best reference options.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Understood. I also get where you're coming from.
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey fellas, mature conversations between composed adults have no place on ebeans. If one of you doesn't compare the other to Hitler and use at least 3 douche(something) references, then just show your selves the door and take this level-headed discussion some where else. Morons.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 pm

piomba wrote:Would you have preferred that he travel to Africa and paint the image while on safari?
Josh has enough pull that the animals would come to him.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:30 pm

So he doesn't drown animals and paint their reaction for maximum realism?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Think this piece is perfect, based on the subject matter, for a Tiny Showcase benefit print.
Also, timely:
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-11-29/us/u ... y?_s=PM:US
Small town pizza lawyer
JMX
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:30 pm

where can I get this
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 pm

JMX wrote:where can I get this
You can buy the original tonight at Roq La Rue Gallery. But I would guess it has already sold.....
alison03
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
Lomier66 wrote:The elephant is also holding a ringmasters cane with its trunk... looks like that guy got absolutely battered! :lol:
It's a bullhook. That ringmaster probably got what was coming to him. :twisted:

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-e ... hooks.aspx

I just watched Water For Elephants (one of my favorite books) and saw that bullhook...had that same thought!

Also, I quite like this print. I haven't bought a JK piece in a while but this one really speaks to me. Gonna try to get to Roq this weekend to take a peek and finally see an og in person.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 pm

alison03 wrote:I just watched Water For Elephants (one of my favorite books) and saw that bullhook...had that same thought!

Also, I quite like this print. I haven't bought a JK piece in a while but this one really speaks to me. Gonna try to get to Roq this weekend to take a peek and finally see an og in person.
I just watched that movie this week also. I never knew what a bull hook was until I saw that movie, and it made me like the print that much more because I saw Water For Elephants.

Definitely hoping this will become a print!
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 pm

GR8Dane wrote:
JMX wrote:where can I get this
You can buy the original tonight at Roq La Rue Gallery. But I would guess it has already sold.....
Your guess is accurate.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines