Monochrome Malaise 11 WGBOYD

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
al4591
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 am

pretty solid. i'll definitely try for a handfinished one. nice work!
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:22 pm

was a bit surprised at how fast these sold out. For a new artists first print. Understand the edition size was small and the price was not high. I got to it a few minues late thinking all would be well and low and behold, sold out.

So, nice job, keep it up, perhaps ill have better luck next time. I realy did want to put it in my bathroom. The proce was right that I was willing to take the risk and it would have looked awsome.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Sold in about a minute.

Tried for hand finished edition, no luck. Went back and grabbed a regular and they were showing sold out after checkout, it was that fast.

Keep an eye on the site at 9pm EST...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:37 pm

+1 painted

Congrats on the sellout. Figured everyone would be busy with the MBW.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:41 pm

I was on time an everything and never even saw the damn link. But i was a little distracted. Damn it.

Nice work Boyd!!

Congrats to all that scored.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ejg904
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:53 pm

spoke with Greg this afternoon and it looks like the brainwashed verison oversold by a bunch.

i got the impression that it was oversold by about 10-15. only 3 were available according to the on sale page.
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Crazy, I was refreshing right along and as soon as it showed up it said only 3 of the brainwashed were available...couldn't cart one so I got a regular. Looking forward to seeing this!
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:05 pm

ejg904 wrote:spoke with Greg this afternoon and it looks like the brainwashed verison oversold by a bunch.

i got the impression that it was oversold by about 10-15. only 3 were available according to the on sale page.
I don't want to hear that :( . Hope I don't get refunded on the brainwash edition - 12:00:22

I thought the variant was an edition of 8 so why would there only be 3 available? Or was it set to 3 so if it oversold there would be 5 left for cushion?
ejg904
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:17 pm

sixstringer wrote:
ejg904 wrote:spoke with Greg this afternoon and it looks like the brainwashed verison oversold by a bunch.

I don't want to hear that :( . Hope I don't get refunded on the brainwash edition - 12:00:22

I thought the variant was an edition of 8 so why would there only be 3 available? Or was it set to 3 so if it oversold there would be 5 left for cushion?

not sure - maybe 5 were off the table for friends/family/his own portfolio? i'm guessing here, i don't know.

i do know that he said he has a bunch of people to email about this being oversold.

i've got my fingers crossed for you guys, hopefully you're not refunded. if so, hopefully he's got a regular for you as a consolation.

good luck, i'll hope for the best!

BTW this is one hell of a first print. i look forward to seeing how he follows this up - by all accounts, this one is a homerun!
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

123daz
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:34 pm

+1 regular ... hoping it's not oversold! :ziggi: :ziggi:
PNuttyJam
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Dropping again at 10:05 EST!!!! http://wgboyd.com/drop/
ejg904
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:14 pm

PNuttyJam wrote:
What if the world really was black and white?
What if you created a print that was an obvious ripoff of something called Not Everything Is So Black & White?

change of heart? you seem awfully excited about this now
Chico wrote:

PNuttyJam
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:21 pm

ejg904 wrote:
PNuttyJam wrote:
What if the world really was black and white?
What if you created a print that was an obvious ripoff of something called Not Everything Is So Black & White?
change of heart? you seem awfully excited about this now
Haha - Never said I didn't like it! The color streams immediately screamed the Eelus print so much to me at first. -1 for knee jerk assessment and +1 on brainwash for now, dreading a refund.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 pm

So no refund notice means +1 on the brainwash! Yippy. Did anyone get refunds? Maybe he told his friends/family to get in line...haha just jokin :P
geebee
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:54 pm

HI Everyone,

First, and foremost I want to thank everyone for their support and even thank those with more critical critiques. I'm frankly blown away by being on this side of a drop. Again, I really am stoked and I thank many of you for the support.

Second I want to set the record straight regarding the editions and number of prints available etc. - because as a fellow collector I would want to be confident that there were no shenanigans with edition numbers etc.

There were 8 Brainwashed editioned prints and 25 S/N editioned prints that were available. I have a very limited number of APs of each edition and they are reserved/created for oversold situations and replacements that may be necessary for prints damaged during shipping. The Brainwashed Edition technically oversold by 3 despite my website drop software and PayPal inventory management.

However, no one will be refunded because as someone guessed, I did have a cushion and had pulled three out of inventory prior to the drop. They were earmarked for a personal email list giveaway and a giveaway facilitated by a website that has been a supporter of this print. The third was to be part of a gallery show in January. I still may be able to do those things with the APs, just not until we're sure everyone who was able to order gets their print delivered safely.

Three of the 25 prints were abandoned in their PayPal carts making for an even sadder panda after the 3:00PM drop. At 10:05 those final three pandas were released and subsequently purchased.

I hope this clears up any confusion or concerns.

*edit

Whoah. eBay 200689216265 and eBay 130617954004

Awww shucks, *blush* I'm flattered!
Last edited by geebee on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.