Monochrome Malaise 11 WGBOYD

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 125263
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:21 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Monochrome Malaise 11 WGBOYD

Image
PNuttyJam
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:54 pm

What if the world really was black and white?
What if you created a print that was an obvious ripoff of something called Not Everything Is So Black & White?
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 6904
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:02 pm

I dunno? I give up.
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7197
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:07 pm

sixstringer wrote:I dunno? I give up.


keep trying, don't give up.
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 6904
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:10 pm

PLUSH wrote:
sixstringer wrote:I dunno? I give up.


keep trying, don't give up.
my kids love yo gabba gabba!
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25815
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 pm

"What if there were no water pollution laws?"
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
123daz
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 am

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:15 am

Wow, ebeans sure is a nutty place sometimes -- what if this comment thread had some actual commentary on the art? I'll lead off:

I'll be the first to say that I like this print. For me, it's fun, it's light-hearted, and it seems the artist isn't taking himself too seriously. (And I like bears.) Sure, we've seen the concept before: monochrome print with CMYK illustration added for aesthetic and/or ironic effect. I dig it. But does one artist, or another, deserve credit for the concept? Probably not (though Mr. Boyd is clearly referencing earlier works to this effect). Does Mr. Boyd deserve credit for a sweet first print, screened entirely by hand? Absolutely! I say we should be supporting and encouraging new and emerging artists, not finding weak-ass little things to discredit their efforts. Bravo on your first print, Greg! :clap:
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 6904
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 am

Ding ding! We have a winner! Agree 100%. Love the print!
User avatar
ejg904
Art Expert
Posts: 3047
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Location: nahhhh

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 am

123daz wrote:Wow, ebeans sure is a nutty place sometimes -- what if this comment thread had some actual commentary on the art? I'll lead off:

I'll be the first to say that I like this print. For me, it's fun, it's light-hearted, and it seems the artist isn't taking himself too seriously. (And I like bears.) Sure, we've seen the concept before: monochrome print with CMYK illustration added for aesthetic and/or ironic effect. I dig it. But does one artist, or another, deserve credit for the concept? Probably not (though Mr. Boyd is clearly referencing earlier works to this effect). Does Mr. Boyd deserve credit for a sweet first print, screened entirely by hand? Absolutely! I say we should be supporting and encouraging new and emerging artists, not finding weak-ass little things to discredit their efforts. Bravo on your first print, Greg! :clap:

couldn't agree more. i like this print, i think he's done a nice job
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
DMBTattoo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 am

agreed as well, very very nice job for a first print release....that many colors takes some guts and lots of practice to get right. Props to the artist. I think its a cool idea. Will be picking this one up.
User avatar
rmoore
Art Expert
Posts: 6559
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Charlotte
Contact:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am

123daz wrote: I say we should be supporting and encouraging new and emerging artists, not finding weak-ass little things to discredit their efforts. Bravo on your first print, Greg!
DMBTattoo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:26 am

He added a Brainwashed edition. (Paint splatter) Looks really cool if you look at it form a showering standpoint!! hahahaImage
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 6904
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 am

Each print has been splattered with paint introducing another punch of color to the original design. This is the only alternate edition / variant to the original 25 Monochrome Malaise prints. All other print specifications are the same as the original. The price will be the same $40.00 USD and they will be available on the same release page at 3:00PM EST on Thursday, December 15.

Great deal for $40...the variant is the same price as reg...don't see that too often!
tumblr_lw0utcrGqa1qapr1jo1_250.jpg
tumblr_lw0utcrGqa1qapr1jo2_250.jpg
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:40 am

oh, love the hand finished version. I'll be trying for this!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18431
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:52 am

sidewaysscott wrote:oh, love the hand finished version. I'll be trying for this!
Just saw this, the brainwashed edition is killer! I hope to score one!!

Great job indeed!
Same fudge, different drop.
Post Reply