Recurring Dreams of Rita 11 Oliveira

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:50 am

New image Recurring Dreams of Rita 11 Oliveira

fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:48 am

thriftypix wrote:Agreed. And with no offense intended to Marilyn, it's Rita Hayworth (aka Margarita Cansino) who for me is the female icon of icons. The fact that she was married to Orson Welles and they gave birth to 'The Lady From Shanghai' (not to mention a daughter, as well) makes her an even greater star in my book. Talk about class. :notworthy:
Rita & Orson.jpg
ORSON IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAIL INDEED-SIMPLY NONE GREATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:08 am

wow, well done Mr. Oliveira. These will instantly sell out. I really like the symbiotic effect of an iconic b/w photograph with poping colors. But I can't decide which one I should buy, I like them all but don't have the funds for all 3 :\.
Imageth Circle * Image
kdrock00
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:27 am

Tim really knocked this one out of the park. Im not into hype, but I think he is producing the best pop art prints today.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:44 am

I agree, these dont need any hype. Classic Hollywood Icons, great colors. Tim makes it look so simple, yet I could NEVER produce this quality work. I anxiously await this drop
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:57 am

Does the version that's at the top of this page match his 1952 print background-colors wise?
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 am

Love all 3! Great color choices on these, well done Tim! :clap: :clap:

My hope for the next lady in the series is Brigitte Bardot. Not as popular as Marilyn or Rita but just as sexy!!!
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:25 am

cargoflipper wrote:Love all 3! Great color choices on these, well done Tim! :clap: :clap:

My hope for the next lady in the series is Brigitte Bardot. Not as popular as Marilyn or Rita but just as sexy!!!
Don't forget to mention Audrey and some guys like Cary Grant, James Stewart and Gregory Peck
Imageth Circle * Image
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 am

Libertine wrote:
cargoflipper wrote:Love all 3! Great color choices on these, well done Tim! :clap: :clap:

Don't forget to mention Audrey and some guys like Cary Grant, James Stewart and Gregory Peck
I won't be framing any guys.
tailsandfeathers
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:32 pm

I would like to see Sharon Tate, not sure if it could get much better than Koziks gigposter though...
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:41 pm

cargoflipper wrote:
Libertine wrote:

I won't be framing any guys.
I don't want to drymount everything I frame, thats why I have no problem with framing guys :wink:
Imageth Circle * Image
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm going for the purple/blue
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:09 pm

LOVE the oldschool bombshells...

can't stand breast implants
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
thriftypix
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm

cargoflipper wrote:I'm going for the purple/blue
So interesting how we're all drawn to different things. For me, in the purple/blue version, Rita lies on top of the background. In the other two, it seems to me there is far more tension between the foreground image of Ms. Hayworth and the background colors, and I love that about them.

Of course, to each his (or her) own.
charter
Art Expert

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:28 am

I am now a fan of Tim. I wish I would have nabbed that Marilyn as these two side by side would look grade A noice. I need stuff to put in my new office that isn't drab and dull so these will work perfectly..plus they are hot ladies. I want that blue/purple!