Pearl Jam Edmonton 11 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
DrownedOut

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
the artist editions are numbered out 100 and 20 for the foil.... those are what Emek has to sell

the show edition aren't numbered and are from a much larger run, a good guess on the foils would probably somewhere between 100-150

from what I understand even the artist do not get told what the show edition run is, 10C is very secretive about that
ah, k that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Wonder why they'd be so secretive about it? Not like anyone (except 10C) would know how many were sold or anything....
There were two foils in a single stack of prints at the merch booth I was at...went to two other booths and didn't see any.
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 pm

My guess is that $20 to a merch booth employee would've gotten you a foil.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Scratch
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Since I have both the regular and the foil infront of me..yes the regular is outs 100 and the foil is outta 20.. but yes that is what he has for sale..the show edition have no idea.. yes I'm sure emek might have a vague idea.. but I won't speak for him..
DrownedOut

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:My guess is that $20 to a merch booth employee would've gotten you a foil.
Not the one I was at. Strict orders not to, their jobs depended on it. I even knew a girl working in the booth personally, begged her for nearly 20 minutes....wouldn't do it. Offered $50. Wouldn't do it. Offered to buy every poster on top of the foil, she said she wasn't allowed to dig thru to see how far down they were. I could see the edge of the foil while in line.

After 20 minutes of begging, looking at merch, buying additional shirts, stickers, etc while stalling for it to get to the top of the stack....I gave up....Went and stood behind the barricade at the front of the line and waited...when it came up, I asked the next person in line if they'd buy me a poster. After they said yes, I yelled at a worker to grab it NOW :lol: ...woman in line probably had no idea what she handed over. Was a bit weasel-ish, almost like jumping the line....but after watching the other one in the stack go to a woman with no clue what it was, and hearing that at least one was being held up and waved around during the show...I don't feel bad at all.
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Very surprising... and I like your style; lurking in the weeds and pouncing like a predator :twisted:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:I dunno about that...I'd wager emek knows how many he printed and turned over to the 10c.
10C prints them not the artist

not sure about Emek but Soto stated, I think in a post here, that they did not tell him how many were printed.... they just offered him a cut of the stack to sell on his own or a higher artist fee
mmmm Beer :pint:
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 am

I can't explain who excited I was when lady was bringing posters to me ( I got 4 for my friends ) I just saw the foil edition in the middle, I even didn't want to open it until I got outside, I got lucky bit time at this tour...foil edition and 2 first row seats :wink:
Can't wait to frame it.
This is the best Emek and best PJ in a long time.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:46 am

Kdh12 wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:I dunno about that...I'd wager emek knows how many he printed and turned over to the 10c.
10C prints them not the artist

not sure about Emek but Soto stated, I think in a post here, that they did not tell him how many were printed.... they just offered him a cut of the stack to sell on his own or a higher artist fee
10C does not print them, they arrange to have them printed. The Eddie Vedder tour posters smelled like Obey prints so hopefully that is who printed these as well.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:31 am

I guess I miss represented my statement

10C doesn't print fudge, they are about only good for putting something in an envelope with a stamp, but they facilitate the printing of them
mmmm Beer :pint:
higherlimits
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:56 am

DrownedOut wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:My guess is that $20 to a merch booth employee would've gotten you a foil.
Not the one I was at. Strict orders not to, their jobs depended on it. I even knew a girl working in the booth personally, begged her for nearly 20 minutes....wouldn't do it. Offered $50. Wouldn't do it. Offered to buy every poster on top of the foil, she said she wasn't allowed to dig thru to see how far down they were. I could see the edge of the foil while in line.

After 20 minutes of begging, looking at merch, buying additional shirts, stickers, etc while stalling for it to get to the top of the stack....I gave up....Went and stood behind the barricade at the front of the line and waited...when it came up, I asked the next person in line if they'd buy me a poster. After they said yes, I yelled at a worker to grab it NOW :lol: ...woman in line probably had no idea what she handed over. Was a bit weasel-ish, almost like jumping the line....but after watching the other one in the stack go to a woman with no clue what it was, and hearing that at least one was being held up and waved around during the show...I don't feel bad at all.
Almost the exact same story as to how I got mine... I didn't see another one except for the one being held up and waved during the show..

At the show they said there were 20 Foils being sold at the show...
evdisease
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:55 pm

evdisease wrote:anyone interested in trading this for an Eddie Vedder EMEK 2011
UPDATE: ME AND wicsteve made a deal for this, his name was drawn. Thanks everyone :)

I`m nobody, I never did an exposition and a gallery really, I never show any work anywhere and I`m doing this big show and it`s all a make up kinda way you know....
jodeci78
Art Expert

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:51 pm

can the mods add the AP edition of 100?

i think there were 6-7 foils from trps. not sure if they were a part of the 20 or APs
jodeci78
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:45 am

detailed images
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:09 am

Looks like you got a damaged print there (the blue dot).
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:54 am

bootleg