Mushroom Girl 11 Dolk

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Mushroom Girl 11 Dolk

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Haven't picked up a new DOLK print from HMP for a while, but I like this... well, actually, LOVE the street pieces of this image, just not sure if it works on paper. What's everyone else think? I know we have some DOLK fans on EB and, even though this isn't Zooicide or Circus, it's still a quality image IMHO. Waiting patiently for "Monkey Prayer' to drop as a print, but until then, this might do... :twisted:

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:32 pm

This works much better as a street piece than a print and is priced too high IMO.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:34 pm

fnord wrote:This works much better as a street piece than a print and is priced too high IMO.
This, and I'm still pissed that HPM can't get their shipping/packaging down right. 3 tries last time I purchased from them, and all 3 prints showed up damaged, each worse than the previous. :hanging:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Personally, I think that $250 for a signed edition of 250 from DOLK is more than reasonable, but to each their own :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:36 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Personally, I think that $250 for a signed edition of 250 from DOLK is more than reasonable, but to each their own :pint:
For me, it's the image that lacks the strength to justify that price tag. Edition size is fine.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Mention wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Personally, I think that $250 for a signed edition of 250 from DOLK is more than reasonable, but to each their own :pint:
For me, it's the image that lacks the strength to justify that price tag. Edition size is fine.
I see what you're saying, and agree that HMP needs to get their fudge together when it comes to shipping... must be too busy listening to Norwegian Black Metal back in Bergen :lol:
> THC X 9 <
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 pm

I love this street piece. The context and the scale are both lost on the paper version.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Mention wrote:
Agree. Works better on the (barn) street. Looks kinda plain on paper.
sarahlynn117
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

yeah i'd rather have a print of the photo. IMO
bisondice
Art Expert

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:54 pm

sarahlynn117 wrote:yeah i'd rather have a print of the photo. IMO
Agreed
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
fordwd
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:15 pm

I just got back from a trip to Norway, which was absolutely amazing. Saw a few Dolk's on the streets which was awesome, and he currently has a show on at the OSL Contemporary which was excellent to see...You really appreciate what a great artist he is when you see his "fine art" pieces.

I agree that the "street" version of this one is better (I love how some of his works are located all around rural Norway, which makes for a beautiful contrast), but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go for my first Dolk in any case...
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Someone wants to get Crosshair and Dolk to collab together? Sounds like a hit to me.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
fordwd
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Just a quick question about Dolk drops...Is constant F5ing required or can this be picked up at a more leisurely pace?
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:54 pm

fordwd wrote:Just a quick question about Dolk drops...Is constant F5ing required or can this be picked up at a more leisurely pace?
I would think you would have a few hours at least... if not a day or so. BUT, that said, I would get on it close to the drop time 'just in case' :pint:
> THC X 9 <