Jaws 11 O'Daniel

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fredo
Art God

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 pm

One can swim?
just a foil for me today, thanks
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 pm

southerngarden wrote:
binky79 wrote:
southerngarden wrote:The more I look at the JAWS print the more I think JAMES BOND and the less I think JAWS...JAWS was sexy for like five minutes....after that it was about the shark.
I think it perfectly represents the moment when the movie moves from sexy to "I'm never getting in the water again." When the skinny dipping victim is first bitten and her head pops up out of the water and she's so scared that she doesn't scream because it hasn't occured to her to do that yet, she just breathes frantically, is a movie moment that has stayed with me since I first saw Jaws (probably too young). It was the first thing I thought of when I saw this print and I bought it without even thinking about it.
See, I agree with you and I almost bought it instantly just like you for the same reason. But I've managed to restrain myself and think more about JAWS the film as a whole since that moment of "instant-buy" passed. True, when I think JAWS, that first scene pops up but I'm more drawn to Quint in the cabin telling his USS Indianapolis story or Brody on the mast shooting the scuba tank...action not sex. But I'm just trying to discuss fudge here and it's just my opinion. I love JAWS and I will probably grab this print cause in the end it is drymounting awesome.
Print Mafia has probably done the best Jaws poster to date (other than the official theatrical release)

talkingdeads
Art Expert

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Damon, i agree with you, print mafia put a couple up on their site for sale recently...i posted this in another thread but wanted jaws fans to know
fredo
Art God

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Wish I had known about the PM before buying the O'D. Ah, well....now there are 2 coming. And duality is a big theme of that flick, "right down to the two shooting stars", as a buddy noted once. Thanks for the heads-up, talkingdeads.
DannyMiller
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 pm

David O'Daniel did a great job on this poster. Original concept and love the colors. Great poster for my favorite movie of all time. :clap:
lastchild11
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:47 pm

DannyMiller wrote:David O'Daniel did a great job on this poster. Original concept and love the colors. Great poster for my favorite movie of all time. :clap:
i cant wait to see what you do.
fredo
Art God

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 pm

To be clear- I was bitching about spending the extra dough on two Jaws prints in one day, and not about landing the O'Daniel (which looks excellent).
I know all of EB was looking for a clarification there. You're welcome.

ps Quint is one of the best character names ever. Right up there with Flounder.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:23 am

If there are any UK types trawling this thread, well London to be exact, they are showing Jaws at the next Rooftop Cinema on August 26th at the Queen of Hoxton:

http://www.thequeenofhoxton.co.uk/

Regrettably, this does mean venturing into the East End with all the wannabe fashionista F*ck Nuts (like matey boy in the hat there! :lol: ) but it’s JAWS!! *OUT DOORS!!! ON A ROOF!!! I’m there!

*Take a mac :lol:
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:06 am

The images of the PM and O'D posters complement each other nicely, IMO.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
thriftypix
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:15 am

+1. What a gorgeously elegantly creepy poster! By the way: ever notice how Jaws simply refuses to age? Just as amazing today as it was back in 1975. That's 36 years ago, folks.
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm

JAWS is sold out
shibby
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:JAWS is sold out

it was sold out by yesterday around midday along with the King Kong and Vertigo prints
automator
Nobody

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:46 pm

New image Jaws 11 O'Daniel

fredo
Art God

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm

It's pretty up close, too.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:25 pm

The red color is a deep blood red. Very nice, David!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.