Phish George 11 Klausen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cinematical
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh yeah, I know those statues!
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Great poster, Brad!
The sculpture, called "Grandfather Cuts Loose the Ponies," is based on a Northwest Native American legend. Even though you can't tell from the freeway on the way to The Gorge, it was never completed:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/terryrichard ... et_up.html

A distant rumbling strikes the air. Swirling dust motes reach skyward. A dry breeze dances across desolate lands. Thunderheads build and fingers of light split the sky. A breeze becomes a howling wind. Hear the voice of creation! The Grandfather Spirit sends his message across the plains, echoing through the mountains and valleys of Mother Earth:

"Creatures of this planet, behold, a Great Basket! I send this basket, bearing the gift of life, to all corners of the universe. Now take these ponies, I am cutting them loose. They will inspire a Spirit of free will. They will be a companion for work and play on this planet. This is a way for you to see how all life depends on all other life. This basket is my heart. You are at one with me. Eagle of the sky, we look to you for vision. Salmon of the water, we look to you for life-giving sustenance. Deer of the land, you provide a bountiful tranquility for our Mother Earth.

"From the center of my Basket burns the fire of our collective souls. Humans, you are responsible. You have the power of reasoning and the gift of free will. Use them wisely. Always be aware of the limitless nature of this ever expanding universe. Let us live to inspire each other."
bseivxx
Art Enthusiast

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks for the post sasquatch it was both educational and entertaining. Glad I managed to snag one off the website as they now appear to be sold out. I will be at Hollywood Bowl tomorrow and I hope the poster will be as nice
labonte
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:37 am

The jpg doesn't do this poster justice...much better in person, a great print for some epic shows!
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:44 am

labonte wrote:The jpg doesn't do this poster justice...much better in person, a great print for some epic shows!
they rarely do
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:44 am

labonte wrote:a great print for some epic shows!
Epic shows? The Night 1 second set was short and weak IMO.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
labonte
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:35 am

kansasbbq wrote:
Night 1 first set more than made up for the short length of the second IMO. I didn't think set 2 was weak at all but will need to listen again to get reduce my biases. Regardless, my crew had a great time :)
automator
Nobody

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:26 pm

New image Wildhorse Monument near Gorge Amphitheatre

ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:31 pm

labonte wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
Night 1 first set more than made up for the short length of the second IMO. I didn't think set 2 was weak at all but will need to listen again to get reduce my biases. Regardless, my crew had a great time :)
Second night, second set and encore looks pretty nice on paper. I like seeing all of the previous song teases in Antelope. Very old school.
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:51 pm

The flow of the poster kinda made me think of this one...

BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Doc's no-no... Interesting comparison.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Looks like the kind of wild horses you might see on an acid trip... :wink: (not that I'd know)
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah; I see where you're coming from.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
unbroken1
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:34 pm

arent horses, and ponies originally from europe???? how could they be included in a native american legend???
sasquatch wrote:Great poster, Brad!
The sculpture, called "Grandfather Cuts Loose the Ponies," is based on a Northwest Native American legend. Even though you can't tell from the freeway on the way to The Gorge, it was never completed:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/terryrichard ... et_up.html

A distant rumbling strikes the air. Swirling dust motes reach skyward. A dry breeze dances across desolate lands. Thunderheads build and fingers of light split the sky. A breeze becomes a howling wind. Hear the voice of creation! The Grandfather Spirit sends his message across the plains, echoing through the mountains and valleys of Mother Earth:

"Creatures of this planet, behold, a Great Basket! I send this basket, bearing the gift of life, to all corners of the universe. Now take these ponies, I am cutting them loose. They will inspire a Spirit of free will. They will be a companion for work and play on this planet. This is a way for you to see how all life depends on all other life. This basket is my heart. You are at one with me. Eagle of the sky, we look to you for vision. Salmon of the water, we look to you for life-giving sustenance. Deer of the land, you provide a bountiful tranquility for our Mother Earth.

"From the center of my Basket burns the fire of our collective souls. Humans, you are responsible. You have the power of reasoning and the gift of free will. Use them wisely. Always be aware of the limitless nature of this ever expanding universe. Let us live to inspire each other."
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:41 pm

unbroken1 wrote:arent horses, and ponies originally from europe???? how could they be included in a native american legend???
Yep. Brought from Spain (though there were horses in North America in prehistoric times).
But they figured prominently in Native American culture and tradition after their introduction.