Enrapture 11 Kawasaki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 am

I was actually shocked at how easy this was to score if you really wanted it. I got an email back from them well after I would have thought it sold out, asking for payment via PP. But sense got the better of me at the very last minute. It’s a stunner no doubt!!! But just couldn’t quite understand why it would have cost $427 shipped to the UK :? . Anyone know why it was so expensive, can’t see any reason for such a high price point at release myself.

On the plus though, tonight I can afford to buy real food! :lol:
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:08 am

Lomier66 wrote:Anyone know why it was so expensive, can’t see any reason for such a high price point at release myself.
I think sabotage hit the nail on the head:
sabotage wrote:Any print released by Audrey is apx half the price for something of this size, so I'm sure the gallery is taking their 40-60% and that is why Enrapture was priced higher.
this aggression will not stand, man.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:20 am

RupertPupkin wrote:
Lomier66 wrote:Anyone know why it was so expensive, can’t see any reason for such a high price point at release myself.
sabotage wrote:Any print released by Audrey is apx half the price for something of this size, so I'm sure the gallery is taking their 40-60% and that is why Enrapture was priced higher.
Hmmmm, they’re taking something... :lol:

Would have been happy to drop $300 inc shipping but alas, this was just way too rich for my blood in the end. Congrats to all who got one though as it is one of the best she’s put out in my opinion. Beautiful work! :D
wizdom
Art Expert

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 am

Lomier66 wrote:I was actually shocked at how easy this was to score if you really wanted it. I got an email back from them well after I would have thought it sold out, asking for payment via PP. But sense got the better of me at the very last minute. It’s a stunner no doubt!!! But just couldn’t quite understand why it would have cost $427 shipped to the UK :? . Anyone know why it was so expensive, can’t see any reason for such a high price point at release myself.

On the plus though, tonight I can afford to buy real food! :lol:
If it makes you feel any better, I paid $38 to ship to New York :roll:
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 am

RupertPupkin wrote:
It is an edition of only 100, which may also partially contribute to the higher price-tag...I believe her other recent less expensive releases were larger runs (if I am not mistaken)
Lomier66
Art Expert

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 am

What a weak, weak man am I. Totally broke on this yesterday :lol: !

Got another email yesterday informing me they still had a couple left and the impulse to own this just won out. Back to beans for dinner then :roll: ! But this in one of my favourite Kawasaki’s ever, so knew I would regret in the long run if I let it slip away while at cost.

If anyone else is on the fence with this contact the gallery directly as they may still have one or two left. People have been asking stupid money on Ebay and that’s only going to get worse as the start landing with people who will actually hang on to them.

A financial sting for sure but glad Is bit the bullet on this as it's a stunner! :D
sistinas
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Lomier66 wrote:What a weak, weak man am I. Totally broke on this yesterday :lol: !

Got another email yesterday informing me they still had a couple left and the impulse to own this just won out. Back to beans for dinner then :roll: ! But this in one of my favourite Kawasaki’s ever, so knew I would regret in the long run if I let it slip away while at cost.

If anyone else is on the fence with this contact the gallery directly as they may still have one or two left. People have been asking stupid money on Ebay and that’s only going to get worse as the start landing with people who will actually hang on to them.

A financial sting for sure but glad Is bit the bullet on this as it's a stunner! :D
I wanted to thank you for this tip - I've been swooning over this print all week but last weekend I had bigger problems to worry about (as in I work for the government and was afraid if they didn't resolve the debt thing that I might not be paid for a while) and assumed they would have sold out immediately so this was very good news to me - I contacted Merry Karnowsky yesterday and was able to get one and am very happy now! Can't wait to see what my framer can do with this one (they did an amazing job on my other two Kawasaki prints)

THANK YOU!!!!! :D :D :D
Lomier66
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:36 am

Cool! Glad you managed to get it! :D

Just hated seeing people bidding high on EBay jobs advertised as sold out, when I knew they could still be got at cost from the gallery.

Glad I could be of help. :D
wizdom
Art Expert

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I asked the gallery and they said that these are shipping this week.

Here's a photo of the actual print stolen from the Bay

Lomier66
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:16 am

Yeah, just got a email saying the tubes have arrived and they should be shipping today. :D

Looks absolutely amazing in that photo :drool: ! Can’t wait to claps eyes on this thing up close! Best Kawasaki print in a long time for me.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am

Shipped! :D
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:16 pm

It's funny watching the prices inch downward.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
wizdom
Art Expert

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I think it's only temporary and will not go below cost.
shibby
Art Expert

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:52 am

wizdom wrote:I think it's only temporary and will not go below cost.
agreed. temporary indeed. This print is amazing to see in person however this print had a very low key release and was overshadowed by a timed release which gets everyone attention by its affordable cost. Just wait a bit.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:55 am

shibby wrote:
wizdom wrote:I think it's only temporary and will not go below cost.
agreed. temporary indeed. This print is amazing to see in person however this print had a very low key release and was overshadowed by a timed release which gets everyone attention by its affordable cost. Just wait a bit.
Agreed again. Pretty sure this will retain its value in the long run... and than some! It’s still so soon after release when many are changing hands and given that it wasn’t through her site or on the major print blogs, many people will still be unaware of its existence. It’s a very small run and an extremely strong image and before long I should think many will want it in their collection.