Enrapture 11 Kawasaki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Wow. Just opened mine. Flimsy tube. No craft paper. Just a cheap plastic bag. It almost made it unscathed, but suffered about 3" of pretty bad edge damage that does go in to the image. They way these things were packed I'm surprised any are making it without damage. Anyone else have a similar experience? How has the gallery been? I'll be calling tomorrow.
deancc
Art Expert

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:58 pm

just got mine too. thin tube, no craft paper. weak considering they charged $48 to ship what probably cost them less than $15. i got lucky, no damage at all, but i'm sure a bunch of these will have issues.

as for the print... really beautiful. like all the other Kawasakis i've seen, top quality.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 pm

How the hell does MK Gallery not know how to ship a print by now?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
deancc
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:15 am

well, it is in a plastic sleeve so there really is no need for craft paper. still, shitty tube with expensive shipping.

but most importantly, the print is great!
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:28 am

deancc wrote:well, it is in a plastic sleeve so there really is no need for craft paper. still, shitty tube with expensive shipping.

but most importantly, the print is great!
Print is great. However, I beg to differ regarding the need for craft paper. I opened up the tube to be greeted by the edge of the print right up against the end cap. There was also the ever popular, always funny bubble wrap in the middle of the rolled print. And, as noted above, pretty bad edge damage to the upper right corner.
Codeblue wrote:How the hell does MK Gallery not know how to ship a print by now?
Right?
deancc
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 am

jjbehren wrote:Print is great. However, I beg to differ regarding the need for craft paper. I opened up the tube to be greeted by the edge of the print right up against the end cap. There was also the ever popular, always funny bubble wrap in the middle of the rolled print. And, as noted above, pretty bad edge damage to the upper right corner.
yeah, you're right, i was thinking more in terms of being able to pull it out of the tube safely, but it could easily move around in there if the bubble wrap wasn't set in place well. thankfully mine was ok. just checked their shipping cost... $39. so i guess their $48 charge isn't too bad. i guess most of that 39 is insurance cost.

i love that there is just the tiniest white border and the sig is in the image so we can frame right up to the image without a matt.
shibby
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:08 am

jjbehren wrote:Wow. Just opened mine. Flimsy tube. No craft paper. Just a cheap plastic bag. It almost made it unscathed, but suffered about 3" of pretty bad edge damage that does go in to the image. They way these things were packed I'm surprised any are making it without damage. Anyone else have a similar experience? How has the gallery been? I'll be calling tomorrow.
damm, sorry to hear about this. let us know what the gallery tells you about possibly sending a replacement. they are sold out now, but I wonder if there are any spare left just in case for circumstances like yours. good luck
Lomier66
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:24 am

jjbehren wrote:Wow. Just opened mine. Flimsy tube. No craft paper. Just a cheap plastic bag. It almost made it unscathed, but suffered about 3" of pretty bad edge damage that does go in to the image. They way these things were packed I'm surprised any are making it without damage. Anyone else have a similar experience? How has the gallery been? I'll be calling tomorrow.
At the risk of receiving another darn good dressing down, I must say...
Lomier66 wrote:Poor show indeed
Hope you get this sorted without any fuss!
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
fordwd
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:12 am

Just picked mine up from the post office, I was quite apprehensive after reading all the comments on here about damage, but mine arrived without a scratch...I'm very thankful that it made its way all the way over here without any scratches/dents!

This is my first Kawasaki and it is absolutely breathtaking in person! Can't wait to get it framed up!
therivler1
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:22 am

Mine arrived fine. The bubble wrap was at both ends of mine - I am guessing jjbehren's bubble wrap wasn't secured well and moved from the end to the middle.

if one of you contacts them, can you ask if the bag is mylar? It looks like it is, but just want to know for sure if I can keep it in the bag indefinitely, or need to move it out.
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:39 pm

For those that are curious, I am sending mine back for a replacement. They did say that they had to get another one from Audrey, though, since they sold out of all of theirs. We'll see how that goes.
deancc
Art Expert

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 pm

hope it works out. fingers crossed for you.
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks.
shibby
Art Expert

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 am

jjbehren wrote:For those that are curious, I am sending mine back for a replacement. They did say that they had to get another one from Audrey, though, since they sold out of all of theirs. We'll see how that goes.
wow interesting. so they have to print out another one. are they asking you to destroy your current print as well? and what about the edition #? is the replacement you receive gonna be the same edition #? good to hear they are replacing it.
maxine
Art Expert

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:47 am

shibby wrote:
jjbehren wrote:For those that are curious, I am sending mine back for a replacement. They did say that they had to get another one from Audrey, though, since they sold out of all of theirs. We'll see how that goes.
wow interesting. so they have to print out another one. are they asking you to destroy your current print as well? and what about the edition #? is the replacement you receive gonna be the same edition #? good to hear they are replacing it.
Audrey usually keeps some prints behind for herself. She usually has framed prints as part of her art shows.