Captain America 11 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:15 pm

yeah I like the variant more as well, the ultra-bright red seems to clash with the blue a little too much in the reg. edition
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 pm

akbeyond wrote:
virtualmert wrote:
actorinthisplay wrote:
RiotAct wrote:I can only hope and pray I can get one of these without having to resort to ebay and pay 10 times what the original price of the print. But that's probably what will happen. :roll:

haha more like 3 or 4 times the price, look what happened with Kill Bill. Although, you were probably just using some hyperbole.
Show where these $150-$200 Kill Bill's are please...I have yet to come across one and would like one very much.
not 150-200, but close:

eBay 250853930548
That's one of mine and it's in great shape. I went for a signed one instead. Bid on it! :D
I like the But it Now part
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 pm

OMG ! I swear i will die if i don't get one of these. There is just not an option to fail. !
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:54 pm

jonkino wrote:OMG ! I swear i will die if i don't get one of these. There is just not an option to fail. !
OMG!!!!!!! me too!!!!!! I'm like panicking right now!
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
akbeyond
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow, this does bring back memories...my first ever print was Iron Man 2 by Stout purchased through Mondo's site. I remember staying up all night hitting F5 because I thought it was the coolest poster I had ever seen and I had to have it. I got in on the sale that morning and still have it hanging on my wall. I love that print!
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:07 am

Passing on this. Content does not interest me at all.
VoodooD2
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I definitely want to get one but won't be horribly disfigured in my brain if I don't. Still regretting buying a Thor before seeing the movie. What a mistake.
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:56 pm

There is a litho edition of this being given away at SDCC during the movie screening ... note from Tyler about this on how to spot a litho vs. a screen print ...

07.21.11 - - - -
as some of you may have heard, marvel is giving away offset posters of the captain america poster to people attending the comicon screening of captain america.

i haven't seen them in person and won't be selling any offsets (no offsets will be sold anywhere i believe, its a free item), but the easy way to tell the difference is the comicon versions have a red flag up top. not blue like the screenprints.

plus they won't have metallic inks or be screenprinted. so just be aware if you purchase one on the secondary market.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
wi22azor
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:37 am

What time did the sale start? It sucks being on the west coast for these early morning sales. I just got up and got an AJ Masthay Gorge print. OMG Debbie WTF how are there 20 stouts for sale on ebay and 6 already on the sold chart?
UKingdom
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 am

Anyone have or seen pics of the real things? Just curious how they look in person; the regular has a very harsh red which kind of overshadows everything else on the page...the variant is a little muted which is much more subtle, but hard to tell if the "silver" looks metallic or is more of a dull grey. Can't wait to see real pics.
desch
Art Expert

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:46 am

wi22azor wrote:What time did the sale start? It sucks being on the west coast for these early morning sales. I just got up and got an AJ Masthay Gorge print. OMG Debbie WTF how are there 20 stouts for sale on ebay and 6 already on the sold chart?
I think it was about 7:35-7:40 pacific time when it started. I was too shocked to look at the clock and note the exact time when they dropped.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:57 am

anyone else think this is a pretty rubbish poster? i just dont like the composition.
automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:58 am

New image Captain America 11 Stout

RITFW
Art Expert

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:22 am

kevkevkev wrote:anyone else think this is a pretty rubbish poster? i just dont like the composition.
Really? I love the layout of this poster. That was my complaint about Kill Bill, though. I know it was a reference or tribute to the Enter the Dragon poster but I just didn't like the layout.

This poster is top notch in my books. I just have no interest in Captain America. I was kinda hoping that Stout's next poster would be for Cowboys and Aliens... wishful thinking....
automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:05 pm

New image Captain America 11 Stout
Litho Edition - note red flag in top left hand corner.