Eddie Vedder Santa Barbara 11 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:12 pm

jojobadass wrote:Thank goodness that drymounting book project is done. Obviously, that took a lot out of him.

some great posters from emek again in 2011.
Look who's back on the wagon.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
they-called-him-flipper
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:03 am

It would have been crazy if he made "Eddie vedder" also say exxon Valdez, Rick griffen style inside the same text. It pretty similar

Also when you are in Santa Barbara you can see those oil rigs off the shore I believe
Freaks Unite!
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 am

Kdh12 wrote:it appears to be a hodge podge of ideas from past posters

overall pretty cool
Yes, you can totally see ideas from the past, it's a nice best off :lol:
I think is best Emek this year with QOTSA one, with others I am not so impress.
I love the lettering and the colors.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:46 am

great poster!!

West coasties getting some radness
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:55 am

sidewaysscott wrote:i like the colors..looks a lot like the TRPS
:drool:
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Now this ... is a gig poster.
bisondice
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:58 pm

I like the poster, but get a little tired of Eddie Vedder posters with ethical/political themes.
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:05 pm

bisondice wrote:I like the poster, but get a little tired of Eddie Vedder posters with ethical/political themes.

Then you'd hate an emek, that thinking sh!t is waay over-rated.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=emek+
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
bisondice
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:22 pm

downbytheriver wrote:
bisondice wrote:I like the poster, but get a little tired of Eddie Vedder posters with ethical/political themes.

Then you'd hate an emek, that thinking sh!t is waay over-rated.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=emek+
No I like EMEK and I knew the second after I typed that, the response I was going to get :) I was just still thinking of that last Vedder killer whale poster and the blurb from the artist of how Vedder wanted to have him make one that shows how the whales shouldn't be held at Seaworld :cry: boo hoo
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Nevermind
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:30 pm

I'd much rather see a poster of a family of killer whales with stick pointers, diagrams and rolling chalkboards teachin a group of humans (wearing shock collars and headphones with piped in screaming noises) tricks in an underwater schoolhouse/prison somewhere.

While it does seem redundant at times - At least EdVed knows what he believes in and stands for and stands against. Which is much more than the vast majority of lime-light types can say.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Remember when he used to complain that ticket prices were too high?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bisondice
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:38 pm

downbytheriver wrote:I'd much rather see a poster of a family of killer whales with stick pointers, diagrams and rolling chalkboards teachin a group of humans (wearing shock collars and headphones with piped in screaming noises) tricks in an underwater schoolhouse/prison somewhere.

While it does seem redundant at times - At least EdVed knows what he believes in and stands for and stands against. Which is much more than the vast majority of lime-light types can say.

I would buy that poster in a second and totally agree with what you just said.

The only point I was ever trying to make you just said, "While it does seem redundant at times" :)
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:28 pm

jojobadass wrote:some great posters from emek again in 2011.
When do the great ones start coming out?
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
gizmo1977
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:30 pm

I still like Sperry's print more but this Emek is still pretty badass looking.