Eddie Vedder Detroit 11 Mark 5

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
InkDodger
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:11 am

It is Chellios on the print....
Art is what you can get away with. - AW
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am

Direct quote from Wiki:

"the Red Wings have made the playoffs in 25 of the last 27 seasons, including the last 20 in a row (1991–2011)."

So I assume most hockey fans, in other cities, will HATE this poster.
pigge18
New User

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 pm

gospar wrote:This is actually a really bad concept, I hate one team posters, what about other fans, from other teams...it's sucks.
If you want a sports theme poster do a general one not like this.
This only works for small % of the people and it's not a fair for the rest.

Can't wait to see what west cost has to offer because since now this first leg of the tour really sucks, probably the worst sets of the poster ever.
It's a poster of Chris Chelios with a Red Wings logo on it. If I remember this correctly the concert was in um, uh, oh yeah DETROIT. I hate the Red Wings, but most of the people at this show are going to be fans of the Red Wings, therefore love this. Not a problem with it at all. In fact I think it is one of the best thus far.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Of course, the slant from the Chicago Tribune is "former Blackhawk Chris Chelios" ... but the point is, he and EV are friends ...

Wonder if lightyears2010 was there? :wink:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 2256.story

Eddie Vedder performs at Murphy's Bleachers open mic night

By Luis Gomez
8:37 a.m. CDT, July 1, 2011

Eddie Vedder surprised patrons at Murphy's Bleachers Thursday when he took the stage for an impromptu performance during the Wrigleyville bar's open mic night.

The Pearl Jam frontman, who sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" with former Cub Jose Cardenal during the Cubs-San Francisco Giants game earlier that day, performed his Cubs tribute song, "All the Way" and a cover of of Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World."

"Eddie stopped in and hung out on our rooftop after the Cubs game with (co-owner) Beth Murphy and Ron Santo Jr.," said fellow Murphy's co-owner James Murphy Friday. "Beth asked him to play a couple of songs at our open mic ... before getting back on his tour bus last night."

On Wednesday, Vedder visited Stanley's Kitchen & Tap in Lincoln Park with fellow Evanston native John Cusack, former Blackhawk Chris Chelios, former Bear Tom Thayer and singer Glen Hansard. Vedder was in Chicago for two solo shows at the Chicago Theatre Tuesday and Wednesday.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
chiefbroom
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 pm

gospar wrote:This is actually a really bad concept, I hate one team posters, what about other fans, from other teams...it's sucks.

Can't wait to see what west cost has to offer because since now this first leg of the tour really sucks, probably the worst sets of the poster ever.
HAHAHA...yeah No one likes the Red Wings. I'ts only the most recognizable hockey logo in the world! Good call.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:54 pm

chiefbroom wrote:

HAHAHA...yeah No one likes the Red Wings. I'ts only the most recognizable hockey logo in the world! Good call.
you registered just to say that?
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 am

chiefbroom wrote:HAHAHA...yeah No one likes the Red Wings. I'ts only the most recognizable hockey logo in the world! Good call.
Great first post! welcome!
chiefbroom
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:13 pm

RiotAct wrote:
chiefbroom wrote:

you registered just to say that?

Registered to keep track of my expanding collection....posted here because I went to this "amazing" show,and homeboy struck a nerve.
By the way.....Live in Hockeytown....Loved the poster!
chiefbroom
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:14 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
chiefbroom wrote:HAHAHA...yeah No one likes the Red Wings. I'ts only the most recognizable hockey logo in the world! Good call.
Great first post! welcome!

Thanks...? I think.
leftwinger7

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Being a Wings and Vedder fan this purchase was a no brainer!
maddog76
Flipper

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:51 am

I bought this from 10C and should have got the Jermaine NYC instead, anyone wanna trade?
gozzo5058
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:15 pm

i et chris chelios and had him sign my poster....too cool imo...
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:31 pm

gozzo5058 wrote:i et chris chelios and had him sign my poster....too cool imo...
there was a clue on Jeopardy! last night that began "He retired from the NHL at the age of 52...", I was tempted to say Chelios but then I saw the rest of the clue:" ... in 1980".
leftwinger7

Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:58 pm

gospar wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:07 pm
This is actually a really bad concept, I hate one team posters, what about other fans, from other teams...it's sucks.

Eddie Vedder and Chris Chelios are close friends. Poster is of Chelios, who at the time played in Detroit, and the concert was in Detroit. The poster makes sense to me.