Nesting 06 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
hotniks160
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:32 pm

piemel wrote:like i said... stop worrying

noob
oh give the guy a break---whe you purchased your first "expensive" print that rocked---you were super anxious---and perhaps a bit nervous it would not arrive. help the kid out! he is worried it wont arrive---give hi some assurance!!!!!!!!

not tryin to besmart--after all i am a n00b too :rockin:
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:09 pm

hotniks160 wrote:
piemel wrote:like i said... stop worrying

noob
oh give the guy a break---whe you purchased your first "expensive" print that rocked---you were super anxious---and perhaps a bit nervous it would not arrive. help the kid out! he is worried it wont arrive---give hi some assurance!!!!!!!!

not tryin to besmart--after all i am a n00b too :rockin:
I'm not too worried that it wont arrive, I'm just worried about how long it may take as I don't like to (and probably wont) wait past paypals limit for filing claims. at first I was worried since i thought it was limited to 30 days which only gives me to the end of next week, but I've been corrected that its 45 days which leaves plenty of time.

Heres a good story for you guys to show you where i'm coming from. I purchased an expensive amplifier with paypal 2 years ago. Item never showed up, guys phone number and email went dead 5 days after I paid. Paypal only recovered a small chunk of the payment. I eventually tracked the guy down to a camaro forum (white trash I know) 2 months later. Funny enough the guy was a moderator there and everyone knew him and loved him although he had been missing for a month or two. When i posted that I thought I was getting ripped off I received a huge backlash of insults and rookie comments, "theres no way I could be getting ripped off" by this guy. My threads on him asking for contact info were constantly deleted by the other moderators and my account was put on hold. Despite this guy being a "stand up guy", he basically disappeared. End of story I got what I purchased about 6 months later, the "story" was that he had a nervous breakdown and had been hospitalized for a while. If I had not tracked down his friend and co-worker, and called their place of employment EVERY day to bug him on a refund or shipment of my amplifier, I would have never received it.

I highly doubt anyone at decoder ring had a nervous breakdown or is trying to rip me off, however you never know what can happen, the guy in the story above was well respected, no one would have believed he would do that, and no one ever did believe me on that forum. My lesson learned? I now take all necessary precautions in protecting myself. If paypal says you must file a claim within 45 days, and there is an item I haven't received within 45, I will file a claim no matter how well respected or known the seller is.

I originally thought that the limit for filing a claim was 30 days, which is one week from now, obviously it would be cutting it close which is why I started posting about this. 45 days gives another 3 weeks and I fully expect this to arrive within that time frame from what you guys are telling me.
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:09 pm

Blake - personal dealings are really not comparable to dealing with a company like DRDC. You are not dealing with an individual, you are dealing with a trusted, and respected company that has been in business for many years, doing much more than just gigposters and art prints, some for large corporate clients.

Seriously, give it a rest and exercise some patience. Everyone here spent the same amount of money as you on this print, and we're all just fine waiting it out. Its not like you bought this from neurotrecordings, or some newb with no posts and no recorded sales on expressobeans. DRDC is a COMPANY, not a one man operation, and while they may be REALLY busy, theyre most definitely not ripping anyone off, even if it does take them 2 months to ship this print.

You would be making a grave mistake by filing a paypal claim and getting a refund, and youd probably look like an ass in the process.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
palehighway

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:13 pm

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:52 pm

gay
hotniks160
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:09 pm

where u comin from---not necessary dude
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:23 pm

Hell, I still havent seen a shipping notice and Im not sweating it in the least.

hotniks160: if you havent been around long enough to "get" piemel, you should probably just ignore him. Spare yourself the drama.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
palehighway

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:31 pm

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeoffPeveto
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Hey Everybody,

Don't worry they shipped Friday provided the post office came and picked them up. I think they did I just wasn't in the office Friday.

When we said they were shipping we didn't expect as many orders as we got and had to order more tubes, then Christmas hit then New years and then the Pay Pal postage was a pain in the ass. But don't panic nothing has happened to them the shipping just got slowed way down from what we were expecting.

Thanks for supporting the print series. We have some real doozers lined up for 2007.

Geoff
Last edited by GeoffPeveto on Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dougr
Site Admin

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:00 pm

welcome to the EB forums Geoff! looking forward to this one and to what you have planned for the '07!
GeoffPeveto
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:01 pm

Oh and thanks to all the folks who said the nice stuff about us. We do stay really busy and aside from this Print Series we don't ship any of our orders. We have a fulfillment company for the last two years so getting back into the shipping biz has been interesting.

And Piemel isn't necessarily retarded or anything he's just Dutch.
GeoffPeveto
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Thanks Doug.

We'll be announcing folks soon. Working on a couple more still but three signed up are awesome.
macc5
EB Team

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:03 pm

thanks for the update Geoff!! excited to see this one and what you have in store! :D
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:06 pm

GeoffPeveto wrote:Thanks Doug.

We'll be announcing folks soon. Working on a couple more still but three signed up are awesome.
Is Frank still doing one? Does he still remember how to pull ink?
GeoffPeveto
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:10 pm

electrachrome wrote:
GeoffPeveto wrote:Thanks Doug.

Is Frank still doing one? Does he still remember how to pull ink?
Trying to get him down. We had the plane ticket but he had to cancel. But we have gotten as far as what the print will probably be just scheduling has been tough.

We are stepping outside of the gig poster world this year for some of the artists. Gonna be really cool.