Phish Clarkston 11 Crosshair

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fredo
Art God

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Dan uses photos he takes himself and I think he does the printing which, even if he doesn't,
is top shelf.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 pm

treejam1 wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
treejam1 wrote:I consider Detroit the armpit of America, thus the poster is fitting....
Shows how much you know

I consider you a donkey- why don't you spend your time properly inspecting posters :roll:

You're really looking for attention on here lately....
thanks man I'm not looking for attention just stating the obvious.
Why is it that of all the Close Encounter Prints sold YOU are still the only one complaining about the print? I havent heard of a single other person complaining about these so called defects. Mondo said that ALL the posters had this minimal "defect" Not to mention I hooked you up and sold it for face. I think you just want to have something to cry about you big baby..... I am hear to chage but this dude can't take a simple joke about his beloved hometown of Detroit...... And then whenever I say something to you about the print you threaten me with a chargeback and say in pm" I'm gonna send this back to you in an envelope after I get my money back" I consider you a big spoiled typical phishhead baby that drives to the shows in mommys BMW and claims to be a hippy. lmfao you schmuck.

Guys I'm changing but there are certain people on here that I simply won't tolerate....
^
Jackoff alert

Jackoff alert
A 2 foot line is nothing to worry about?

And you refused to do a thing until I reminded you I DIDNT pay by gift. :roll:

TOTAL jackoff....

God let me post his PM's.....
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:20 am

downtown wrote:This is getting flamed so badly on facebook that its actually upsetting.
Got to hand to the sheeple. At least they know what they like.

(the exact same thing they think the other sheeple believe they should like)

bbBBBaaaAAAAAAaaaaahhhHHHHHHHHhhhhh!
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 am

dancingbear wrote:it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something? i think it is weaksauce.
people usually dream of silkscreening photographic style work. he makes it look easy.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
layla1234
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 am

Personally not a fan of the image, or most Crosshair images (who wants run down abandoned buildings on their walls?)..

I will say his ability to screen print something that looks like a photograph is quite special...

All in all, a definite pass for $50...
bisondice
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:07 am

I don't consider myself a hater of this image. I actually like it, I just don't think it is good for a Phish poster. I am by no means a hardcore Phish phan. I used to tour with them 95-97 and had a blast. I feel fortunate to have seen them in what I consider to be their prime years. When I buy a concert poster I want it to foster good/pleasant memories of the show. I don't want to think about hardcore topics such as the industrial remains of my once great country. As an art print this would be nice.
Last edited by bisondice on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
liamc93
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:28 am

layla1234 wrote:who wants run down abandoned buildings on their walls?
probably a lot of people....his work is great and i'm sure there are lots of gigs where his images work perfectly.

unfortunately, phish has always been an upbeat, party band that is usually represented by humorous, colorful, psycadelic art....and the use of abandoned industrial sites will never capture the vibe of of the event.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:45 am

bisondice wrote: ... I don't want to think about hardcore topics.... I like my art to make me think.
:?
Last edited by downbytheriver on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:23 am

Tadrules wrote:
dancingbear wrote:it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something? i think it is weaksauce.
people usually dream of silkscreening photographic style work. he makes it look easy.
agreed. i picked on of these up at the show and is one of my favorites. i usually dont like crosshairs imagery but this is perfect for the detroit show. plus, you cant deny that they are quality silk screeners. like tad says they make it look easy.

this a top notch print! :clap:

great souvenir from a great show!
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:32 am

fredo wrote:Dan uses photos he takes himself and I think he does the printing which, even if he doesn't,
is top shelf.
From talking with Dan on several occasions, I believe that all of his prints are done from his own photos - not 100% sure on that point, but if it's not there are only a few exceptions - and he does print his own. I'd really suggest checking out his old process threads at GP.
Basically, if it was a digital or giclee print, I could see the complaints about "anyone can do this". But I doubt that most artists who print their own could do the separations and layering to achieve the feel of the industrial images that Dan works with. He really has worked and learned this process over the last 5-10 years and does it extremely well. Certainly it's not everyone's cup of tea. Personally, I only own one of his prints because (like several other "popular" artists) they generally don't do it for me. But I do have the Utica Phish because I attended AND it really did make me feel that it was the right place and feel for it.
And like others are saying, if Phish Inc. hires these artists, they know what to expect in terms of theme, style, and image to at least some degree. Are there other people that each of us would love to see hired? Of course. But aside from suggesting, there isn't a whole lot of input we get on that level...
Tra la la la la...
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am

Tadrules wrote:
it's great phish is hiring a bunch of different artists.
absolutely agree
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
cardhawks
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:16 pm

of course everyone has an opinion but I really like it when artists have their own concept and style.... that's why I absolutely love crosshair
with crosshair you know you aren't getting any dancing fish or silly whimsy like 90% of you standard Phish gig posters.
I happen to like DMB, Wilco and Phish.... so what I see with this Phish is a nice compliment to the other crosshair prints I have with DMB and Wilco....
They all work together
and yes I think dilapidated rural buildings are the shizzle and actually have a more stylistic appeal than your whimsical folk arty standard fair Phish print

no offense to Pollock, Stout.... Masthay etc.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:25 pm

You'all speak wise words and my adjective of this print got mixed with emotions

Very tired of detroit prints and factories-cars. DMB has worn it out

There is SO much more to michigan- we have the most coast line of any state! State parks system that blow away most, wilderness, agricluture, and good people.

The print seemed well received- lots of folks carrying them.

Sorry crosshair for being harsh
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote: There is SO much more to michigan- we have the most coast line of any state!
Freshwater coastline, perhaps ... but certainly not all coastline.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm honestly a bit surprised that I wasn't seeing any show up on eBay thus far??? Might not be a favorite of some, but a bit strange these days to see NO copies of a Phish show print up on the 'Bay...
Tra la la la la...