Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:03 am

This topic is dedicated to: Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey

bboygraphix

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:04 am

store name is "Metropark" not "metroplex". :)
iratasan
Flipper

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:27 pm

monkey poo tree?
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:42 pm

My Monkey Pod Green arrives tomorrow!!!!!! Cannot wait to see it and surprise my wife too.
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:03 am

Does anyone know what the deal is with the 1rst edition that supposedly sold for $3k +? Is that misclassified?
starkiller
EB Team

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Caballero wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with the 1rst edition that supposedly sold for $3k +? Is that misclassified?
Someone actually paid that much for it from my recollection back in February.
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 pm

starkiller wrote:
Caballero wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with the 1rst edition that supposedly sold for $3k +? Is that misclassified?
Goodness. A fool and his money are soon parted.
rhombus_77
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Caballero wrote:
starkiller wrote:
If I remember the seller had purchased it on ebay a week prior for $900.
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:37 pm

rhombus_77 wrote:
Caballero wrote:
starkiller wrote:
If I remember the seller had purchased it on ebay a week prior for $900.
A fool and his money are soon parted raised to an exponent!
Vigilant
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:58 am

Can someone please explain this print to me? I don't get it
johnr1311
Art Expert

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:38 am

It was my first Obey Print, and I just liked it. Now I am stuck with this addiction. :roll:
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:45 am

Vigilant wrote:Can someone please explain this print to me? I don't get it
"When I was asked by The Contemporary Museum in Honolulu to do a residency, I was presented with a unique conundrum: Hawaii doesn’t have outdoor advertising, which my street art was designed to compete with and make people question. After visiting Hawaii, I realized that the primary form of propaganda was not advertising but the clichés of Hawaii itself – Coke machines have palm trees instead of Coke logos on them, phone booths have floral patterns running down the side, and everyone wears Aloha shirts. All the clichés of Hawaii’s picturesque beauty are perpetuated to encourage tourism. So for once I got to make stuff that was decorative and beautiful, but still, if you examine it closely, skewers the Hawaiian clichés." (From Supply and Demand, pg. 349)

This print is based on an actual tree in Hawaii.

Known as the rain tree, monkey pod, cenizaro, saman, and cow tamarind, Samanea saman is a tall canopied tree with a large symmetrical crown. It is native to the mainland neotropics, from Mexico south to Peru and Brazil, but has been widely introduced to the Pacific islands, including Hawaii, where it is categorized as an invasive species. (Wikipedia)

In the summer of 2005, Shepard took part in the Contemporary Museum "Catalyst Artist in Residence" program. As part of his installation for this program, Shepard decorated the famous monkey pod tree on the grounds of the museum with the floral designs later seen in the Floral Pattern Print Set. The installation later became the model for the 3 monkey pod prints. (thegiant.org)
Image Image Image
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:32 am

So, I just moved to CA, hanging out at the new neighbors place and there on top of the bookshelf is a... #1/150 Metropark Gold. Beautiful print :notworthy:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
automator
Nobody

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:34 am

This topic is dedicated to: Monkey Pod 09 Fairey

automator
Nobody

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:09 am

New image Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey