Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:51 am

dineomite wrote:I was actually the one that won the auction. At first, I too, thought this might be the same print from The Giant; after comparing both signatures they're clearly not the same print. The copy on The Giant has some serious issues. I counted at least two significant creases in that thing, and that wasn't the best photo in the world. It looks like there's some funkiness going on in the bottom left corner. What do you suppose a print with those issues is worth?

That being said, I've wanted this print for a very long time. I was actually quite shocked to see it go for less than a grand. It does look like it's been stored in a tube, but since it's going in a frame and I have no intention of reselling it - I'm not too bothered. This is definitely one of my favorite images from SF.
Congrats. The pics were pretty good and it looked to be in good shape. Someday I will pick up one of these.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:33 am

dineomite wrote:I was actually the one that won the auction. At first, I too, thought this might be the same print from The Giant; after comparing both signatures they're clearly not the same print. The copy on The Giant has some serious issues. I counted at least two significant creases in that thing, and that wasn't the best photo in the world. It looks like there's some funkiness going on in the bottom left corner. What do you suppose a print with those issues is worth?

That being said, I've wanted this print for a very long time. I was actually quite shocked to see it go for less than a grand. It does look like it's been stored in a tube, but since it's going in a frame and I have no intention of reselling it - I'm not too bothered. This is definitely one of my favorite images from SF.
Congrats!

This was back in Shep's golden days, when 95% of his releases weren't utter shite :)
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:15 pm

2007 was a great year but 95% is a bit of an overstatement IMO
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Jarrod
New User

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:42 pm

there's a 2014 version of this that was a benefit for Americans for the Arts. It's 22 x 30" and an edition of 50.
I was going to add it to eb but thought I'd ask for advice if it should be listed as an edition or new piece.
thanks much

JF
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 am

Jarrod wrote:there's a 2014 version of this that was a benefit for Americans for the Arts. It's 22 x 30" and an edition of 50.
I was going to add it to eb but thought I'd ask for advice if it should be listed as an edition or new piece.
thanks much

JF
It should be added under the current print as a 2014 Edition.
automator
Nobody

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 pm

New image Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey

automator
Nobody

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm

New image Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey

automator
Nobody

Sat May 07, 2022 9:15 pm

New image Wood