From Dusk till Dawn 11 Cooper

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
wizzack
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2011 10:10 am

nabbed a reg but I'd love a variant. thems the breaks.

rhys can draw like a motherfarker.
tranito
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 am

Don't forget to show your support and cast your vote for Art of the Week if you like Rhys and this piece! You guys are doing pretty well thus far. :clap:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
rickker
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 26, 2011 10:30 am

seppuku wrote: Close to more art in the glow then on the poster.
:shock:
No matter where you go, there you are.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 am

seppuku wrote:. . . the glow in the reg is pretty much the equivalent of what would be a normal variant...
Close to more art in the glow then on the poster.
Wait. Does this mean the glow layer is different in each version? 8)
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
tranito
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 am

Nope, but it's true though. Most of the time, the regular would have been simply the image without GID and the variant, the GID version as an extra. Rhys treated us with GID for everyone and the most badass hand splattered variant I can recall.

Also about GID, I've been thinking about this for a long time. Most of the time, you get GID that will make the original image glow-in-the-dark. There's nothing wrong with that, but to be honest, it's exciting at first to see your first GID posters glow, but you get used to what an image should look like glowing (because it's the same image) and a time comes when it's not that much of a surprise when you receive your new GID print anymore. You know what to expect.

I've been waiting for a more innovative use of the GID and Rhys is doing it with his Quentin's Angels and now FDTD. Think of Mccarthy's classic TDEBN. How can you get bored looking at an image in the dark when you never see it in daylight? That's pushing the box and I applaud Rhys for his recent use of it. You don't only get GID, you get new artwork, which means more hardwork from the artist. When you turn off the lights, you're not only looking at the same image in the dark anymore. You get the rest of the story. The whole concept gets revealed. That I like. :pint:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 26, 2011 12:16 pm

I will have an extra reg print of FDTD got a variant from Rhys so if anyone wants it let me kno I want someone who really wants it and isn't going to just go post it on eBay lemme kno thanks
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 pm

BadassArt wrote:I will have an extra reg print of FDTD got a variant from Rhys so if anyone wants it let me kno I want someone who really wants it and isn't going to just go post it on eBay lemme kno thanks
As Do I. So PM me if you missed out.
fordwd
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Sold out....It took way longer than it should have.

Congrats Rhys!
TheArsenal
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Wish I had that much time for the Variant! Still happy with my Reg. Nominating Rhys right now!
That rug really tied the room together...
tranito
Art Expert

Fri May 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Subwire
Art Expert

Fri May 27, 2011 7:09 pm

:drool: Glad i grabbed a bloodbath! :pint:
steve175vs
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 28, 2011 3:28 pm

I think I am going to keep my regular and trade off bloodbath version for something else I really want
Subwire
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:30 am

Got my shipping notice! Cant wait! :pint:
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:37 am

Subwire wrote:Got my shipping notice! Cant wait! :pint:
Same here. In preparation, I bought some framing materials for it.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 am

Looks fantastic tranito.

Anyone fancy getting some pics of it in the dark? Interested to see the GID vamps.