A Perfect Vacuum 11 Geddes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 pm

treweman wrote:An FYI. I contacted Soph about the possibility of buying one of Jeremy's OGs, and she redirected me to the Jonathan Levine Gallery in NY. I called them to be put on a preview list for the Geddes show that opens this December, and was told that there were between 50 and 75 people ahead of me on the list. Buying OGs is a first come, first serve affair, so it would appear that it won't happen for me any time soon. If you are ahead of me on the list and want to be an "OG Buddy" let me know ...
Fear not treweman, Jeremy talks about striving to paint twelve hours a day, every day (no joke). At that rate you'll be at the top of the OG list in no time! :lol:
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 11, 2011 4:21 pm

So I wrote Soph asking if it was her. Bam, it is. A little altered to make the head bigger to give her a more childlike feel. But thought you guys should know. I need to marry a painter wife to get myself painted in this fashion. Wouldn't compare to this painting though. LOL... Probably because it was a joined operation between both and I would just be a joke coming up with something this great, then posing for it. Plus I like that it's a female and not a dude.
Every morning I awake as someone else.
RestlessEye
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 pm

HA - I thought it might be Soph even though her face is hidden. I'm still mesmerised by the splintered window frame and the shards of glass. And the detail in the books is just sick. I cannot wait for his show in NY!!
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm

so it looks like we shouldn't need to handle this one with silk gloves and the utmost care like with "Adrift", right?
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 11, 2011 7:49 pm

treweman wrote:An FYI. I contacted Soph about the possibility of buying one of Jeremy's OGs, and she redirected me to the Jonathan Levine Gallery in NY. I called them to be put on a preview list for the Geddes show that opens this December, and was told that there were between 50 and 75 people ahead of me on the list. Buying OGs is a first come, first serve affair, so it would appear that it won't happen for me any time soon. If you are ahead of me on the list and want to be an "OG Buddy" let me know ...
What does OG buddy imply? How does it work?
Every morning I awake as someone else.
shoeless
Art Expert

Wed May 11, 2011 7:53 pm

roseproto
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Looking forward to this...especially after missing Keyes's Cerebrus. :(
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu May 12, 2011 10:55 am

This thing makes an awesome wallpaper. Aspect ratio is slightly off, but still great. The desktop icons fit real nicely along the wall space to the left of the window.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 am

jjbehren wrote:This thing makes an awesome wallpaper. Aspect ratio is slightly off, but still great. The desktop icons fit real nicely along the wall space to the left of the window.
already there. looks great!
ImageX5 Hodor Image
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu May 12, 2011 11:02 am

I'm sure many are. I think I want to fix the aspect ratio and either crop it or have empty space on the top and bottom, but I'm at work and have no access to photo editer. Anyone want to be a hero and optimize this thing for a 1680 x 1050 monitor? I think a crop would look better than empty space. You wouldn't lose too much along the sides.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 am

jjbehren wrote:I'm sure many are. I think I want to fix the aspect ratio and either crop it or have empty space on the top and bottom, but I'm at work and have no access to photo editer. Anyone want to be a hero and optimize this thing for a 1680 x 1050 monitor? I think a crop would look better than empty space. You wouldn't lose too much along the sides.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
RestlessEye
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 12, 2011 11:18 am

jjbehren wrote:I'm at work and have no access to photo editer.
I've used this at work and it's not so bad... http://www.picnik.com/
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu May 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Perfect, srdzevon. Thanks!
RestlessEye wrote:I've used this at work and it's not so bad... http://www.picnik.com/
How's that saying go? "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a...." drymount it. Someone do it for me.
wizdom
Art Expert

Thu May 12, 2011 1:34 pm

I started rotating the image to see if it works vertically just like cafe and I got dizzy :lol:
SpreadHeadLINC
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Can't wait to find out when this drops!! :drool: