The Servant of Cybele 11 Iron Jaiden

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cinematical
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Metal variant is being delayed to make sure it's the highest quality possible, and the wood variant is being upped to an edition of 20.

And I can assure you of the quality of IJ's wood.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 6:14 pm

VaughanJer wrote:Thickness?

:ziggi:
It's a good size.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 6:16 pm

cinematical wrote:Also:

"that is aweosme!" - Ken Taylor

Damn Jay, Yes you are that good bro.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
VaughanJer
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 06, 2011 6:17 pm

virtualmert wrote:I know IJ's wood is pretty thick and sturdy, like a veiny redwood.
Ba dum... splash! (drum roller after a zinger!) :rolling:

Seriously though, if anyone knows then chime in... I think they are going to be released soon! Thanks!
cinematical
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 6:19 pm

I'll ask Jay about the wood specifics.

Also, the pre-drop trivia giveaway will be in the release discussion thread:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 36&t=67434

I've assembled some cool prizes, so make sure to be there at 8pm PST to get in on the free-ness!
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

If you wanna know about IJ's wood, you should talk to his wife. BAM:D

Seriously though, he prints these at his house, so if anyone knows...it would be his wife.

...cause she lives there......and she's probably seen them.....
Last edited by srdzevon on Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
VaughanJer
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

cinematical wrote:Metal variant is being delayed to make sure it's the highest quality possible, and the wood variant is being upped to an edition of 20.

And I can assure you of the quality of IJ's wood.
Thanks for the info! It works in my favor to delay the metal variant (you read my mind)... maybe I can snag both now!
cinematical
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm

srdzevon wrote:If you wanna know about IJ's wood, you should talk to his wife. BAM:D

Seriously though, he prints these at his house, so if anyone knows...it would be his wife.
:rolling:
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 7:24 pm

So I'm actually testing several woods for this to see what turns out the best looking print. It's a 1/4" veneer. Possibly oak (we spare no expense 'round these parts) and as soon as I've got some nice detailed pics of everything they'll be up for all to see. Rest assured though the wood variant is going to look VERY cool.
The delay in the metal edition actually comes from the wonderfully generous Tim Doyle who gave me some great tips about printing those up. When printing art on weird surfaces it's not enough to just get it to look cool. It really needs to be something that's going to last over time and not flake off or fade. It takes a little longer to do but it's well worth it I think. If you're spending your hard earned on a unique piece of art it had better be as well made as possible. :pint:
cinematical
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 7:29 pm

WOODY WALL-E :shock:
upseeker
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 pm

I thought this may be of interest. I like this a lot! And Oak is a great choice! :clap:

Cybele
by Dr Anthony E. Smart
Also known as Kybele and Magna Mater and the Mother of the Gods, the worship of this goddess spread throughout the Roman Empire. Originally Phrygian, she was a goddess of caverns, of the Earth in its primitive state; worshipped on mountain tops. She ruled over wild beasts, and was also a bee goddess. Her festival came first on the Roman calender. Along with her consort, the vegetation god Attis, Cybele was worshipped in wild, emotional, bloody, orgiastic, cathartic ceremonies.

Cybele

Cybele was the goddess of nature and fertility. Because Cybele presided over mountains and fortresses, her crown was in the form of a city wall. The cult of Cybele was directed by eunuch priests called Corybantes, who led the faithful in orgiastic rites accompanied by wild cries and the frenzied music of flutes, drums, and cymbals. Her annual spring festival celebrated the death and resurrection of her beloved Attis.

Her Greek mythology counterpart was Rhea.
bisondice
Art Expert

Sat May 07, 2011 1:29 am

Damn you alcohol and girls for making me miss this :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:

Got one now, thanks EBer
Last edited by bisondice on Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
cinematical
Art Expert

Sat May 07, 2011 2:32 am

Don't forget to nominate this for AOTW! Jay's work really deserves it.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat May 07, 2011 12:38 pm

cinematical wrote:Don't forget to nominate this for AOTW! Jay's work really deserves it.
DONE!
rka00
Art Expert

Sat May 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Who's license plate is that?