Melvins London 06 Malleus

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:13 pm

parlow wrote:It's suspicious that Dirk and Jojo 'supposedly' saw these sell for $150, yet they've never sold for anywhere close to that on ebay. What makes it even more suspicious is that they're both trying to sell copies. This system of reporting prices without substantiation is ripe for corruption.
You really should watch what the drymount you say.
JoJo is as solid as we come.
dirkstainly
EB Team

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:20 pm

parlow wrote:It's suspicious that Dirk and Jojo 'supposedly' saw these sell for $150, yet they've never sold for anywhere close to that on ebay. What makes it even more suspicious is that they're both trying to sell copies. This system of reporting prices without substantiation is ripe for corruption.
I didn't see it sell for $150, I actually sold it for $150.

And, having bought from him, I can also testify that jojo is a fine, upstanding individual.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:31 pm

These noobs sure are bold.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:58 pm

dirkstainly wrote:
I didn't see it sell for $150, I actually sold it for $150.

And, having bought from him, I can also testify that jojo is a fine, upstanding individual.

i bought mine from another member on EB for 150.
moonshine
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:14 pm

A lot of Malleus posters have prices that have not been tested....maybe because they are just recently in the last year or so getting exposure beyond this board....some of the crazy asking prices here are from the "must-have" collector EB members.

Example...."Oh, I think I'll sell my MEI 06....anyone want it for...hmm..say $1,000?".....or some member putting a high price tag in his ISO because he wants the print so bad (which is not a true reflection of the bigger market.)

Who knows, maybe Malleus stuff will go through the roof.......
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:20 pm

moonshine wrote:A lot of Malleus posters have prices that have not been tested....maybe because they are just recently in the last year or so getting exposure beyond this board....some of the crazy asking prices here are from the "must-have" collector EB members.

Example...."Oh, I think I'll sell my MEI 06....anyone want it for...hmm..say $1,000?".....or some member putting a high price tag in his ISO because he wants the print so bad (which is not a true reflection of the bigger market.)

I think it's not the first time you've come up with that kind of argument and each time I wonder where you're going with it, no offense. I thought I could comment this time.

«A lot of Malleus posters have prices that have not been tested....maybe because they are just recently in the last year or so getting exposure beyond this board»

- I think a lot of prices on Malleus posters have not been tested, simply cause they are way too rare. The few copies that could be available are not moving away from the collections they're into. Extremely low availability on the market with a demand that grows up with their fanbase = crazy prices... that makes sense to me. Don't get what the «non tested prices» is supposed to mean...

«...."Oh, I think I'll sell my MEI 06....anyone want it for...hmm..say $1,000?".....»

I don't know if that was you or someone you know, but for me I can say it was : «Oh, I really don't want to sell my MEI 06, oh let's check my inbox, hmmm... someone is offering me $1000...hmmm that's a lot, but no. Oh, another new message, let's see... oh, someone else is offering me 2 prints in my ISO each worth $500-$600 for my MEI 06, hmmm... no again.» Meaning, I would disagree people come up with prices randomly, just like that. Brilliant rare art has a price and personally, I would not want to sell it, but if someone decides to do so, I suppose he wouldn't want to undersell it...

«Who knows, maybe Malleus stuff will go through the roof......» ... meaning... one day???

I thought that's exactly what was happening for the last couple of years, slowly, but surely, prints after prints, for their best and harder to find stuff...???

I guess we see things differently...

EDIT.

I might get what you mean. For you a true price is something that «has been well tested» and that will safely fetch that price time and time again since the market is well tested. A Fairey sold 100x on ebay for approx the same price for example. That's what you mean by «true reflection of the bigger market.» Well, in that case, I'd say the Malleus market is a different market, that you can't compare, main reason being the differences in availability of the pieces in question.. but I'd be curious to see what others think... imo, if there is only one piece available that has never sold before and a buyer is willing to drop $1000 on it and the seller is willing to let it go at $1000, it is also a true and fair price for it...
Last edited by tranito on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Again this one took forever to sell out , I had my extra up in trade for a long time before I decided to pull it . I'm not buying some price claims but if Jojo says so , sure I believe him
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:05 pm

moonshine wrote:A lot of Malleus posters have prices that have not been tested....maybe because they are just recently in the last year or so getting exposure beyond this board....some of the crazy asking prices here are from the "must-have" collector EB members.

I set the price on my MEI for the amount of money I'd let it go. Someone paid it.
Now I actually forget who, because all of you annoying nerds are the same. Anal and whiny.

Maybe you should get an advanced degree in poster economics.

Or maybe who cares? STFO
not dead
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:

I set the price on my MEI for the amount of money I'd let it go. Someone paid it.
Now I actually forget who, because all of you annoying nerds are the same. Anal and whiny.

Maybe you should get an advanced degree in poster economics.

Or maybe who cares? STFO
Cold Sore Superstar back in action!
What's up freaker?
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:18 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Cold Sore Superstar back in action!
What's up freaker?
Sup hippie? Nice to meet you last month. You guys were drymounting baked out of y'alls skulls.

I basically have no life b/c Berkeley is killing me. I'm out of this poster scene for the time being. Oh well.

I do still have time to drop by occasionally and talk mad fudge, though.
not dead
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:29 pm

I only smell baked.
Pot doesn't work on me anymore.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:32 pm

They forced me to smoke.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GreenMt
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Welcome back, ColdSore!
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Codeblue=2nd coming of Bob Marley

GreenMt - Sorry about missing you in NYC, dude. Life took over. Next time.
not dead
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Codeblue wrote:They forced me to smoke.
:lol: :lol: