Pan's Labyrinth 11 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:35 pm

This terrible news on the packing job is the only thing that could have made me feel "lucky" I was refunded on the P&T drop.
Sorry, peeps. I hope they have reserves to exchange your prints.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Reminder ...

Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
triporfreak
Art Expert

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:41 pm

sorry....
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:51 pm

hurray for the title change on this listing!
artoholic
Art Expert

Sun May 01, 2011 12:30 am

The number of these on eBay right now is wrong
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
Stingers
Art Expert

Sun May 01, 2011 8:51 am

Any photos of the variant yet ? I'm itching to see some .
deancc
Art Expert

Sun May 01, 2011 9:01 am

Just what I was thinking. C'mon people, quit slackin'.
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Stingers wrote:Any photos of the variant yet ? I'm itching to see some .
Here's a quickie pic of the variant next to the regular:
Pans.JPG
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 pm

The comparison between the variant and Midwestern Heart was brought up several times, so just for giggles

oh, and trying to flip the variant on EBAY based on the Mondo preview pic alone is like trying to sell you're cherry 1965 mustang with a drawing of it done in crayon by your 6 year old.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 pm

As usual, the picture doesn't tell the complete tale...I actually prefer the regular because the spit fountain feels more apparent/effective to me, helping to create an illusion of more depth throughout the middle to top portion of the print, and the darks on the regular create deeper 'blacks'. For the same reasons the variant feels flatter. The regular really looks significantly better in person than the pic, and I think the pic makes the variant look better than in person.

The variant does have nicer, more subtle detail in the dagger, hand, horn, and forehead, but the depth of the regular wins me over if I had to choose just one.
Last edited by adamsmasher on Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2011 10:13 pm

I've yet to see a reg, but I'm sure it's oozing as much awesomeness as my variant. Still waiting on my buddy to tell me his reg came in so i can go drool over it too.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2011 10:19 pm

srdzevon wrote:I've yet to see a reg, but I'm sure it's oozing as much awesomeness as my variant. Still waiting on my buddy to tell me his reg came in so i can go drool over it too.
I think I saw a pic somewhere where someone had framed a regular and a variant of a different print next to each other in the same frame...if there was ever a poster to that with, it would be this one, there's just so much to love in both of them and they both have their own strengths, so you can enjoy each differently.

Something else I noticed was how the leaves (near/on the horn) on the variant pop from being a different, brighter color, while they blend into the horn on the regular...creates a nice effect.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Nice comparative review adam.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue May 03, 2011 2:06 am

srdzevon, thank you so much for posting a pic of the variant next to MWH. :D

It has been my plan from the moment I saw a JPEG of the variant to frame the two up side by side.
And I think that is still very much my plan... I will just have to figure HOW I am going to frame it...
Hmmm...

Soooo looking forward to my shipping notice from P+T!!! :drool:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
deancc
Art Expert

Tue May 03, 2011 6:37 am

thanks for the pics, guys. i'd been thinking that the blue would end up on the wall, but now i'm not so sure. the brown looks fantastic.