Pearl Jam Honolulu 06 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Flimby

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:42 pm

bostonlou wrote:this listing needs to be updated for the 100 APs that were sold today
got it, thanks
jasone6
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:02 am

I'm usually the first one to defend the Ames Bros., and yes, I tried to buy this poster (and failed), but what in the heck is going on!?

This poster is looking great at the bottom (floral graphics and "Hawaii" but totally falls apart at the top. What in the hell is that crap in the circle. It's a bad, bad, bad execution of a shitty image, done with awful colors.

Whoever, made the comment that it was like a worse version of their (awesome) Maui '98 poster is right on. ...and that font is not doing much for me either, although I could forgive it if the rest was done right.

-J

Disclaimer, by "right," I refer to my very opinionated design sensibilities. Individual appeal and opinion may vary. I still love the Ames Bros, but am really hoping they find some fresh inspiration and start throwing down the tasty graphics that I used to love so much.
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:18 am

jasone6 wrote:I still love the Ames Bros, but am really hoping they find some fresh inspiration and start throwing down the tasty graphics that I used to love so much.
They could always hire Brad Klausen.....

This poster is one of Ames' "decent" ones this year, which really says alot. Another surfer poster. I think I've seen that Pearl Jam lettering before.
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:00 pm

jasone6 wrote:I'm usually the first one to defend the Ames Bros., and yes, I tried to buy this poster (and failed), but what in the heck is going on!?

This poster is looking great at the bottom (floral graphics and "Hawaii" but totally falls apart at the top. What in the hell is that crap in the circle. It's a bad, bad, bad execution of a shitty image, done with awful colors.

Whoever, made the comment that it was like a worse version of their (awesome) Maui '98 poster is right on. ...and that font is not doing much for me either, although I could forgive it if the rest was done right.

-J

Disclaimer, by "right," I refer to my very opinionated design sensibilities. Individual appeal and opinion may vary. I still love the Ames Bros, but am really hoping they find some fresh inspiration and start throwing down the tasty graphics that I used to love so much.

so you tried to buy a poster that you don't like?

?
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:11 pm

bostonlou wrote:
jasone6 wrote:I'm usually the first one to defend the Ames Bros., and yes, I tried to buy this poster (and failed), but what in the heck is going on!?

-J

so you tried to buy a poster that you don't like?

?
Definitely. You didnt see the one on eBay? :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I didnt really try to buy one of these. $60 for an Ames? Not likely.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
ryan_1969

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:23 pm

It reminds me of the cheap as shirts they sell on the islands. I like it.
NOTHINGFAN

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:22 am

gcbooth wrote:
NOTHINGFAN wrote:sold out
it hasn't even gone on their website yet, so i don't see how this is possible.
why would I have posted that if it hasn't went on sale already, and I already got one with an email confirmation?
vath
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:35 pm

why the drymount did i travel 5000 miles one way to buy this retarded piece of fudge???

oh i guess the show made up for it.
mickelodeon

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:27 am

vath wrote:why the drymount did i travel 5000 miles one way to buy this retarded piece of fudge???

oh i guess the show made up for it.

If you don't want that "retarded piece of fudge" I'll take it off your hands. :wink:
nc
EB Team

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:09 pm

mickelodeon wrote:If you don't want that "retarded piece of fudge"
What happened to 'crease'?
mickelodeon

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:56 pm

ncernak wrote:
mickelodeon wrote:If you don't want that "retarded piece of fudge"
What happened to 'crease'?

:lol:

Hey, I was simply quoting what vath said. :wink:
vath
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:38 pm

can someone measure their poster..... i did mine and it's 17 x 26 1/8, what a gay size!
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:26 am

any way we could change the default image on this? it's so dark that it's tough to see when looking through search results or like on my collection page.

image 2 of 3 seems nice and bright

just wondering
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:24 pm

nevermind

the 1st edition has the bright print... the AP has the dark one

i'll stop talking now ;)
SeattleSapphire
New User

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:37 am

bostonlou wrote:nevermind

the 1st edition has the bright print... the AP has the dark one

i'll stop talking now ;)
hey, let's keep talking about this... :)

sorry if this has been discussed already, but...it seems like this poster has 2 distinct version in terms of color. A lot of the little jpg images floating around seem very 'pink' but I recently traded for a copy of this poster and I would describe it as more of a combination of red/fuschia, orange, and yellows. Not really as 'pink' as it appeared. I don't mind, but I was surprised - since then I've seen additional jpgs of the poster and one version seems to be the 'red' version and one still seems to be lighter shades of pink.

What gives?

gracias for any insight...

sapphire
~ sapphire in seattle ~

dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

50 pearl jam shows and counting...10C member since 1995.