Akira 11 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
busstees
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 am
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Tue May 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Anyone else with the Akira print get a msg from a guy offering to trade the Thing variant for Akira? I tried to msg him back, but it says he no longer exists. I smell a scam.
User avatar
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert
Posts: 2345
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:45 am
Location: Beantown, MA

Tue May 24, 2011 2:30 pm

busstees wrote:Anyone else with the Akira print get a msg from a guy offering to trade the Thing variant for Akira? I tried to msg him back, but it says he no longer exists. I smell a scam.
I think Crusta had something to do with him disappearing :wink:
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
User avatar
CrustaR
Art Expert
Posts: 4173
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Tue May 24, 2011 2:35 pm

PaintByNumbers wrote:
busstees wrote:Anyone else with the Akira print get a msg from a guy offering to trade the Thing variant for Akira? I tried to msg him back, but it says he no longer exists. I smell a scam.
I think Crusta had something to do with him disappearing :wink:
:lol:

Wasn't me, but I saw a guy trying to get rid of The Thing variant for a while. The guy kind of flaked on getting back to me, and I wasn't really interested in the variant anyway.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
busstees
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 am
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Tue May 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah I replied to him that he had a deal as long as he shipped first considering he had 0 posts, trades, etc. ....when I clicked send it said he no longer existed :lol:
User avatar
cgmarshall
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:59 am

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:59 am

close-up pics of Akira 11 Stout variant with metallic inks. :shock:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Gravy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 am

Great detail shots.

One of my favourite films and one of my favourite prints. Sadly I don't see myself ever owning one. Well at least until the Mondo/Stout bubble pops.
User avatar
Bowley
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Location: CT

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:51 am

Finally borrowed this movie from a friend and watched it (mostly because of this print). Awesome poster, even better anime, but $1,000+ is crazy town. Personally, it gets hard to justify buying paper with ink when you can get a new computer for the same price, but fans are fans.
User avatar
cgmarshall
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:59 am

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Bowley wrote:Finally borrowed this movie from a friend and watched it (mostly because of this print). Awesome poster, even better anime, but $1,000+ is crazy town. Personally, it gets hard to justify buying paper with ink when you can get a new computer for the same price, but fans are fans.
Agreed but-
Paper with ink that is arranged in a very pleasing way, and in 3 or 4 years time that computer will probably be on its way out.
User avatar
Cbjornson
Art Expert
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Location: NoDak

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Original canvas anyone? Please.... reported... eBay 250831321839
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
EmilIndustries
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:29 am
Location: KC, MO.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Akira's popularity will blast this print well over a G after the live action film comes out. imo
User avatar
Gravy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

EmilIndustries wrote:Akira's popularity will blast this print well over a G after the live action film comes out. imo
I hope that film never ever happens. You see they threw the original director off the project because he didn't want to rush it. :evil:

It's inevitable though...
edderlyj
Art Expert
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Spadger, SC

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:34 am

Cbjornson wrote:Original canvas anyone? Please.... reported... eBay 250831321839
looks like there's a trend developing here: eBay 300574119863
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18434
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Mint copy in hand now!

Image
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:08 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Mint copy in hand now!

Image
you forgot the +1
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18434
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:17 pm

:D I'm sure I said it earlier.

+1
Same fudge, different drop.
Post Reply