Page 4 of 22

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:44 am
by lightyears2010
it's weird, cause that peace sign and date does look like emek's writing. emek said it looks bad, he didn't say it isn't his writing. i'm not convinced it isn't real. it's enough to scare me away if i was interested in it though. plus why would they show a close up of a fake sig. anyone that is gonna spend a grand knows what emek's sig looks like.

you could always erase that sig and ask emek to sign it. :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:47 am
by lightyears2010
110thStreet wrote:Instinct. says no to this. not worth the doubt. you'll never know the truth. whatever anyone says. wait for the next listing. accept you won't get this cheap. end of advise from someone who already picked this up for cheap from emek years ago :wink:
$200 seemed a bit steep many moon's ago, i hesitated before finally pulling the trigger. :lol:

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:33 pm
by turnJBup
110thStreet wrote:Instinct. says no to this. not worth the doubt. you'll never know the truth. whatever anyone says. wait for the next listing. accept you won't get this cheap. end of advise from someone who already picked this up for cheap from emek years ago :wink:
What he said with less periods.... :)

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:19 am
by Codeblue
$609 and climbing with fake sig and all.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:35 pm
by collector59
I am the original publisher of this poster. The man who put it on ebay has been a long time poster dealer and expert of original 1960's posters. I NEVER sold him an unsigned poster and he purchased this poster from me at the time we released it; Emek knows him well. The signature looks very different, but it is original since he purchased it from the gallery at the time Emek was an employee of L'Imagerie Gallery from 1993 to 2003. At that time, we never distributed any unsigned Emek pieces. Emek signed them as we sold the pieces. If anyone is interested in the TRUTH and not speculation about any pieces published by L'Imagerie Gallery during the period of 1993-2003, you are more than welcome to contact me with any and all reasonable questions. Thank you, Debi Jacobson
L'Imagerie Gallery

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:36 pm
by Codeblue
collector59 wrote:I am the original publisher of this poster. The man who put it on ebay has been a long time poster dealer and expert of original 1960's posters. I NEVER sold him an unsigned poster and he purchased this poster from me at the time we released it; Emek knows him well. The signature looks very different, but it is original since he purchased it from the gallery at the time Emek was an employee of L'Imagerie Gallery from 1993 to 2003. At that time, we never distributed any unsigned Emek pieces. Emek signed them as we sold the pieces. If anyone is interested in the TRUTH and not speculation about any pieces published by L'Imagerie Gallery during the period of 1993-2003, you are more than welcome to contact me with any and all reasonable questions. Thank you, Debi Jacobson
L'Imagerie Gallery
Maybe Emek was in a different frame of mind when he signed that one. :lol:

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:46 pm
by boatingbenny
I'll pass...next!

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:27 pm
by turnJBup
boatingbenny wrote:I'll pass...next!
Me too.... it looks terrible.
I would maybe think about it if it was really cheap... then erase it, and possibly get him to resign it.

:roll: Dreaming....

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:25 pm
by jojobadass
no comment

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:37 pm
by Codeblue
jojobadass wrote:no comment
You just did.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:59 pm
by jojobadass
Codeblue wrote:
jojobadass wrote:no comment
You just did.
oh, strike my comment from the record then. thank you.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 am
by realbluz
Here's a scan of the doodle of this poster dose that look forged I don't think so you people are all to parinod about this, I am the person who listed this poster bought in 1997 from L'Imagerie and signed by emek in person you people need to get a life.[/img]

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 am
by Codeblue
realbluz wrote:Here's a scan of the doodle of this poster dose that look forged I don't think so you people are all to parinod about this, I am the person who listed this poster bought in 1997 from L'Imagerie and signed by emek in person you people need to get a life.[/img]
Dee Dee Dee

Image

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:33 am
by whatsup
I'll still pass

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:35 am
by turnJBup
Maybe the signature isn't forged... like light years said, it's too poor of an attempt so it must be legit. :lol:
That doesn't stop it from screaming forgery, you don't even have to be a paranoid person with no life to see the signature looks nothing like Emek's.