Pearl Jam Charlotte 96 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:03 am

New image Pearl Jam Charlotte 96 EMEK

pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Art of the Week? :clap:
OrangeBug
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:59 am

pjtaper wrote:Art of the Week? :clap:
did you get this while its been so inexpensive ? $700??? :o
automator
Nobody

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:45 pm

New image Pearl Jam Charlotte 96 EMEK

jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:01 am

Sorry all but I think if this didn't have Pearl Jam on it, it'd be worth about 20 bucks. If he had drawn a single color dayglow beer bottle with Pearl Jam on it in 1996, it'd just as expensive. Emek's done SOOooo many great pieces that go unnoticed because the band is more obscure.. Check out his 2004 Air Steriolab as one of hundreds of examples. That's one that deserves some awe.. To me, this looks like something Coop would have done, especially the colors. ...and there's no boobs on the fingers. Maybe if I start driving a 1970 El Camino with "No Fear" on the rear window I'll appreciate this more..
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 am

jellomcmonkeyfish wrote:Sorry all but I think if this didn't have Pearl Jam on it, it'd be worth about 20 bucks. If he had drawn a single color dayglow beer bottle with Pearl Jam on it in 1996, it'd just as expensive. Emek's done SOOooo many great pieces that go unnoticed because the band is more obscure.. Check out his 2004 Air Steriolab as one of hundreds of examples. That's one that deserves some awe.. To me, this looks like something Coop would have done, especially the colors. ...and there's no boobs on the fingers. Maybe if I start driving a 1970 El Camino with "No Fear" on the rear window I'll appreciate this more..
Have you seen this in person?
The gold ink with the shadows is incredible.
jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Yes, I have seen it in person. I just can't see what the hype's about.. The colors look Coop-ish. I'll probably get crucified for saying this but the concept just seems juvenile to me. ...but then there's the 1995 Phish that just blows my mind every time I see it.. But hey, that's art right.. The 2009 Rothbury is unbelievable, an instant and valuable classic for sure and the '09 Death Cab for Cutie is pretty sweet too. Again though, Death Cab's a more obscure band so the print get's less attention. Seems like people don't pay much attention to the art if the bands a bit obscure..
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:13 pm

it's metallic copper ink, not gold ink.

and you're nuts. this image stands on it's own..............it's drymounting awesome in person. Pearl Jam is just a bonus.

btw........it's way superior to the phish 1995 cleveland print.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:09 am

edited, not sure...can't be sure...
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:39 am

jojobadass wrote:it's metallic copper ink, not gold ink.

and you're nuts. this image stands on it's own..............it's drymounting awesome in person. Pearl Jam is just a bonus.

btw........it's way superior to the phish 1995 cleveland print.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm

I was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Washington DC last Saturday night with my family and I told my daughter I'd give $5 to the first person to spot any Pearl Jam memorabilia. We got to the top of the stairs and my wife says "I win."
What? Where?
One of these is framed and hanging next to a table on the 2nd floor off to the left at the top of the stairs. I thought it looked really cool in person and I was surprised about the metallic inks. I didn't realize the hand was printed like that.
It really looked great. I didn't want one before I saw it.
Now I wish I had one.
bicyclejoe
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:11 pm

You can buy Emek's personal copy framed (on loan from Emek) at his Portland show right now for $2,000. ;)
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:43 pm

:shock:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
morecoffee
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:46 pm

bicyclejoe wrote:You can buy Emek's personal copy framed (on loan from Emek) at his Portland show right now for $2,000. ;)
I would but I can't afford the shipping.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:28 pm

jellomcmonkeyfish wrote:Yes, I have seen it in person. I just can't see what the hype's about.. The colors look Coop-ish. I'll probably get crucified for saying this but the concept just seems juvenile to me. ...but then there's the 1995 Phish that just blows my mind every time I see it.. But hey, that's art right.. The 2009 Rothbury is unbelievable, an instant and valuable classic for sure and the '09 Death Cab for Cutie is pretty sweet too. Again though, Death Cab's a more obscure band so the print get's less attention. Seems like people don't pay much attention to the art if the bands a bit obscure..
You consider Death Cab "obscure?"

I think they're fudge (except for maybe one or two records from 10 years ago), but they're far from obscure.
not dead