Kill Bill 11 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:03 pm

jlabbate wrote:
RiotAct wrote:Not a fan of that frame at all myself, but it is bold I'll give you that!
The frame distracts your eye from the print a bit too much
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 pm

tranito wrote:A Kill Bill poster in the KillBillest of all frames. I think it totally works.
I agree. My first reaction was "too much" because I normally wouldn't go with something so bright and out there. But the more I look at it, the more I like it. I don't know what I'd hang it next to, but yellow and black are Kill Bill colors and Stout's print (as much as I like it) lacks that. KB is a hard print to frame and I think this suits it perfectly. The red really pops.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
tranito wrote:A Kill Bill poster in the KillBillest of all frames. I think it totally works.
I agree. My first reaction was "too much" because I normally wouldn't go with something so bright and out there. But the more I look at it, the more I like it. I don't know what I'd hang it next to, but yellow and black are Kill Bill colors and Stout's print (as much as I like it) lacks that. KB is a hard print to frame and I think this suits it perfectly. The red really pops.
Same initial reaction as well. But then you just want to look at it more and more and force to admit, you enjoy it.
Not every wall color would work with it though. A cold, neutral color like a light grey would beg for something like this to brighten its day.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
IggyD
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:25 am

Well deserved!

KXG
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 16, 2012 5:25 am

Bit late to the party but I've been staring at this image and I can't shake off the rogue hand to the left of Uma's head. Is it meant to be hers,or Hanzo's maybe? where's it coming from? Just finding it very distracting and detrimental to the the otherwise great image. If there was a bit of sleeve or something to suggest she was holding it forward I could dig that but it's just odd and random.
bert
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 am

I thought it was The Bride's hand...it's in proportion with her head and shoulders and the rest of her arm is behind Elle Driver's head. Although it is quite a manly hand so maybe I'm wrong!
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed May 16, 2012 9:10 am

killbillhands.jpg
Correct?
morecoffee
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 10:29 am

I think this poster is perfect in every way- color, design, character rendition...everything.
For that, I think it's Tyler's best poster to date.
His Star Wars posters are my favorites, but I think Kill Bill is his best.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 am

Old but fun...

Technology sounds like a marketing gimmick.

http://www.slashfilm.com/gallery-lg-hom ... -campaign/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm

can someone verify the difference between the 1st signed and AP signed on this? Doesn't all of the prints coming from Mondo come unsigned and the AP's come signed?
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm

thunderinthesky wrote:can someone verify the difference between the 1st signed and AP signed on this? Doesn't all of the prints coming from Mondo come unsigned and the AP's come signed?
T gets part of the numbered edition that Mondo gets and signs them.

The AP edition is separately numbered.

Hope this helps!
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:52 pm

CrustaR wrote:
thunderinthesky wrote:can someone verify the difference between the 1st signed and AP signed on this? Doesn't all of the prints coming from Mondo come unsigned and the AP's come signed?
T gets part of the numbered edition that Mondo gets and signs them.

The AP edition is separately numbered.

Hope this helps!
yeah, I guess I will wait til I get mine in the mail to find out which one Stout is giving me and THEN I will add it to my collection :drool:

Thanks Bryan!
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Prices on these have been all over the place lately... anyone know what's up with this guy who just relisted his Regular AP for a 3rd time?

Regular AP
Active eBay 130755452542
Sold eBay 130728891896
Sold eBay 130748046977

Variant AP
Active eBay 140835940699
Sold eBay 140825511673
Badbutch
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:28 pm

He owns a poster store or some kind and has multiple AP copies. I was outbid on the variant AP and he let my get another copy as a second chance. Real nice guy to deal with and I thought the price was really good, so I'm pretty happy. My only minor criticism would be he rolled it in tissue and then wrapped it in Kraft paper that wasn't quite as wide as I would have liked. Everything else was packed really nice and the print arrived in great shape.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine