Neurosis Fall Tour 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:23 pm

Bralumian wrote: as for your other comment, who are burlesque to issue 'warnings' to labels about product THEY commissioned and paid for? while not the most sound business decision, neurot could have taken the lot and burned them all in effigy and really, who could have said anything against them for it? if you pay for a print it doesn't matter if it goes up on your wall or is used to line your cat box, the final decision rests upon the owner as to its final usage.
I don't know about this specific print, and I could be completely wrong anyway, but there is a fallacy in your logic there because most likely Neurosis did not pay for this print, although they commissioned it, yes. From my own limited understanding, very rarely does the band pay for these prints, the way that the artist makes their money is by being allowed to sell prints themselves, thus the artist version of this print. Very rarely do the artists make money beyond what they sell, as far as I know, unless a promoter or someone is paying for it. Again, I could be wrong here.
gungywump
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:27 pm

xxoo
Last edited by gungywump on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:30 pm

you don't have a right to anything
gungywump
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:35 pm

piemel wrote:you don't have a right to anything
Freedom of speech?
iratasan
Flipper

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:38 pm

gungywump wrote:
piemel wrote:you don't have a right to anything
Freedom of speech?

overrated.

lol. just kidding. :D
jojobadass
Art Freak

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Mapman wrote:I think what jojo meant was that BoNA should let anyone commisioning a print done by Horkey know that that he has an insane group of followers/collectors that will be crawling over each other to get the print and that they should be aware of what they may or may not expect when and if they put them on sale. NOT what they should be doing with the prints, but what to expect if and when they put them up for sale. At least that's how I read it... 8)

bingo.
nc
EB Team

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Received mine today. Not surprisingly - they are noticeably creased at the top. I will never buy from Neurot again. Worst company experience in 2006.
gungywump
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:18 am

xxoo
dwyutzey
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:35 am

If anyone ordered an extra blue, I have an extra orange I'd like to trade. The orange version I have is in very, very good condition, low number, and the only mentionable blemmish is a one inch crease at the bottom.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4579/b ... ashvl5.jpg

It could almost be framed out. In light of some others' delivery condition mentioned here, mine seemed to have fared pretty well overall. The crease is at the very bottom, well outside the image area. It also had some waves from rolling but they have since flattened out. I'll ship in a tube, with craft paper, etc.

thanks
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:32 am

dwyutzey wrote:If anyone ordered an extra blue, I have an extra orange I'd like to trade. The orange version I have is in very, very good condition, low number, and the only mentionable blemmish is a one inch crease at the bottom.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4579/b ... ashvl5.jpg

It could almost be framed out. In light of some others' delivery condition mentioned here, mine seemed to have fared pretty well overall. The crease is at the very bottom, well outside the image area. It also had some waves from rolling but they have since flattened out. I'll ship in a tube, with craft paper, etc.

thanks
well depending on what happens with mine i might be interested. I've got one supposedly on the way from neurot but who knows what's going on with their shipping and if it'll end up being orange or blue version. I've already got the blue from burlesque so if I get another blue I'd be willing to trade.
Mapman
Art Expert

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:59 pm

Blue version just sold for $200 on ebay... :shock:
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:03 pm

Mapman wrote:Blue version just sold for $200 on ebay... :shock:
ummm yeah i love this thing but if anyone wants to pay $200 for it let me know!
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:38 pm

I wonder if that thing really sold for $200. private auctions are always shady like that. i mean who would bid it up to $200 when there were tons of others up at the same time with buy it nows for $125 or less
hotniks160
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:39 pm

someone send me a trade offer for my blue!!!---look at my iso's---love emek!!!
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:45 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:I wonder if that thing really sold for $200. private auctions are always shady like that. i mean who would bid it up to $200 when there were tons of others up at the same time with buy it nows for $125 or less
As a seller, I prefer private auctions; pretty much for the same reason I keep a private collection here - less unsolicited comments and offers to deal with. I dont think theyre shady, but I dont lend too much credence to the eBay numbers.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper