Neurosis Fall Tour 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
tj
Art Expert
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:46 pm

man, you think neurot is going to be sadder with this or the red sparowes shitfest? god, neurots customer service and shipping gives me a boner.
User avatar
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:00 am
Location: tunnels reef

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:14 am

Flimby wrote:wtf is with shipping in a box?

poster = tube
a box does not need to enter the equation
Image
Image
Image

sad ...
Last edited by wandering-gypsy on Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hotniks160
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:00 am

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:21 pm

wow i feel your alls frustration...one of the posters i got looks like a giant piece of paper with crreases all over it--oh and some art
User avatar
nc
EB Team
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: San Francisco - North Bay, California
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:24 pm

Are they good with refunds? From what I am reading on this thread they are dodging everyone.


Anyone live in the same city of these amateur merch vendors? :twisted:
lettawren
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:00 am

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:36 pm

my guess is that they won't refund, because they definitely can't replace them. so sad, but i hope the images still look good! we got 4"x36" .150 tubes from yazoo mills that will be cut down to 4"x18" with sanded down ends (we'll mark the good end to remove the posters from just in case) for sending out the blue ones, so those should arrive happily, i hope.

i'm sure that neurot's getting a lot of e-mails rightaboutnow, and all i can ask is that everyone's nice and reasonable about it and does some deep breaths and a mantra of "it's only a piece of paper" before they start typing... they prob. just aren't used to dealing with posters and i can even say sheepishly that we shipped the first andrew bird ones years ago out in crimp-end tubes with no paper or anything cuz, well, we knew how to make a poster, but f*ckall about what to do after that. we've learned well, but it takes time, and even then, some still get messed up. deep breaths! :)
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 am
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:38 pm

ncernak wrote:Are they good with refunds? From what I am reading on this thread they are dodging everyone.


Anyone live in the same city of these amateur merch vendors? :twisted:
neurot is in rural idaho, so i'm guessing not..

and scott, their head of retail/mailorder replied to the mail i sent to: retail@neurotrecordngs.com.
lettawren
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:00 am

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:47 pm

just curious - what was the response you guys did get from neurot? like i said, be nice - they're good people.
User avatar
nc
EB Team
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: San Francisco - North Bay, California
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:06 pm

I haven't received my posters yet so I am not sure what they look like so I may not need to contact them. (I highly doubt that though as they have been shipped with out a tube)

I will be nice & professional (stern, but professional). The bottom line it this - I paid for something that I did not received. A banged up, creased poster is not what was listed, it is not what I paid for, so they should refund my money. If they don't, then a claim with my credit card company will be made. I will get my money back either way if my posters are damaged due to their negligent (aka careless, thoughtless, irresponsible, unmindful, sloppy, slack, derelict, etc.) packaging.

At least with Burlesque, if something ever does get messed up on their end, they are more than responsible enough to correct it. (Big Up's Lettta & Co.!!!)

I just can't believe that a company that would offer/sell the highest quality in silk screened posters would know absolutely NOTHING about packaging them!

I think a class of 2nd graders would have done a better job packaging these. :lol:
User avatar
nc
EB Team
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: San Francisco - North Bay, California
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:17 pm

lettawren wrote:they're good people.
Anyone commissioning Burlesque to have Aaron Horkey design a poster for them can't be that bad ;)
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 am
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:18 pm

ncernak wrote: I will be nice & professional (stern, but professional). The bottom line it this - I paid for something that I did not received. A banged up, creased poster is not what was listed, it is not what I paid for, so they should refund my money. If they don't, then a claim with my credit card company will be made. I will get my money back either way if my posters are damaged due to their negligent (aka careless, thoughtless, irresponsible, unmindful, sloppy, slack, derelict, etc.) packaging.

I just can't believe that a company that would offer/sell the highest quality in silk screened posters would know absolutely NOTHING about packaging them!
no offense, but i think filing a claim with your credit card company is really crappy. bottom line; you ordered posters and they're sending you posters. if they're a little creased or have some corner wear, that's the breaks. they're fancy pieces of paper with ink on them - end of story. why should neurot, who sells RECORDS by the by, lose two posters and not get paid b/c your prints have a few bends/creases? i also believe you are going to have a hard time justifying to the credit card company why you want your money back; the prints won't be damaged beyond repair/recognition and they aren't sending you something other than what was described.

in the past neurot has been more than fair in dealing with shipping mishaps/mistakes. i'm sure this situaion will be no different.

have them matted and framed and nobody will know the difference.
User avatar
guyforget
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Denver, CO

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:21 pm

ncernak wrote: I will be nice & professional (stern, but professional).
This should be everyone's attitude. Consider that we dont want to discourage them from utilizing Burlesque of North America's services, we just want them to understand that they are not only dealing with their typical market, but with a collector market as well, and that there are standards that are expected when dealing in limited editions. But to scare them off of the BONA client list would be good for no one in this situation. Now, if they ignore everyone's emails and requests and refuse to make right on some situations then we have a completely different ballgame. Still, the best way to get them to answer emails and such is with a professional attitude.

A little perspective goes a long way in some situations.

Still waiting for my package with fingers crossed, anyway...
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
User avatar
nc
EB Team
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: San Francisco - North Bay, California
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Bralumian wrote:
ncernak wrote: I will be nice & professional (stern, but professional). The bottom line it this - I paid for something that I did not received. A banged up, creased poster is not what was listed, it is not what I paid for, so they should refund my money. If they don't, then a claim with my credit card company will be made. I will get my money back either way if my posters are damaged due to their negligent (aka careless, thoughtless, irresponsible, unmindful, sloppy, slack, derelict, etc.) packaging.

I just can't believe that a company that would offer/sell the highest quality in silk screened posters would know absolutely NOTHING about packaging them!
no offense, but i think filing a claim with your credit card company is really crappy. bottom line; you ordered posters and they're sending you posters. if they're a little creased or have some corner wear, that's the breaks. they're fancy pieces of paper with ink on them - end of story. why should neurot, who sells RECORDS by the by, lose two posters and not get paid b/c your prints have a few bends/creases? i also believe you are going to have a hard time justifying to the credit card company why you want your money back; the prints won't be damaged beyond repair/recognition and they aren't sending you something other than what was described.

in the past neurot has been more than fair in dealing with shipping mishaps/mistakes. i'm sure this situaion will be no different.

have them matted and framed and nobody will know the difference.
No offense taken, but please note that I have not received them yet so there may be no issue at all. I can understand a little crease or ding but if it is so bad that it destroys the art than that is another story. If you bought a poster on eBay and it was not received in the condition that it was listed as should you still have to pay?

This is a matter of principle.
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:23 pm

I'll buy one that is not mint, if anyone doesn't want theirs... can't believe I missed this one!
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18018
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:25 pm

I'm going to reseve judgment until I recieve mine, but I'm totaly on the same page as ncernak. Shipping these this way was negligent on thier part. It sounds like most of these sustained more than a little edge damage.
User avatar
nc
EB Team
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: San Francisco - North Bay, California
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:26 pm

pjtaper wrote:I'll buy one that is not mint, if anyone doesn't want theirs... can't believe I missed this one!
:lol: - I can picture your mailbox filling up.
Post Reply