Eddie Vedder Sydney 11 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kingfish
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:28 pm

pewter14 wrote:
tranito wrote:This all looks photoshoped. Emek is such a talented illustrator, he can be much better than that when everything is clearly hand drawn imo.
Hand drawn masterpiece with plenty of water, clouds and a guitar :

I want to like this, but ^^^this^^^ is the thought that keeps going through my head.

I almost feel that EMEK's note was an apology ... "Sorry, I had something better in mind, but Ed is a control freak, so, here you go ... "

These were the thoughts that I had as well. I still like the image, but not as much as I'd hoped. I'm surprised that of the prints so far Emek's is one of my least favorites.
bisondice
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Love Emek, but this is not even close to his talent and skill level.

It will still sell out immediately, due to subject matter.
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I am really chocked that people like this :shock:
This must be the worst Emek in years, I mean it's not his fault, Ed should stick with music, leave the poster job to the artist only please....sorry man, I worship you but this....
There are so many wrong aspects in this poster it's not even funny: emptiness, too small dude on the guitar, again too small bridge floating just like that?? Lettering way off in the style....
I am so sad this poster came out like this :( when I saw it this morning it almost put me in tears
yellowcake
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 pm

gospar wrote:I am really chocked that people like this :shock:
This must be the worst Emek in years, I mean it's not his fault, Ed should stick with music, leave the poster job to the artist only please....sorry man, I worship you but this....
There are so many wrong aspects in this poster it's not even funny: emptiness, too small dude on the guitar, again too small bridge floating just like that?? Lettering way off in the style....
I am so sad this poster came out like this :( when I saw it this morning it almost put me in tears
i agree :clap: :clap:
nimsu8
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Flimby wrote:i am amazed at the weakness of this print. the placement of the text in most emek posters seems like an afterthought, but this is my least favorite. plus the empty space is too much. i am sure there are skulls in the clouds but still.

i expected much more from this poster.
+1. The way the image was formatted on my page I saw the name and the clouds and the rest required me to scroll down. I was expecting to see something along the lines of the ben harper or willie nelson poster.. big disappointment
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:03 pm

pewter14 wrote:
tranito wrote:This all looks photoshoped. Emek is such a talented illustrator, he can be much better than that when everything is clearly hand drawn imo.
Hand drawn masterpiece with plenty of water, clouds and a guitar :

I want to like this, but ^^^this^^^ is the thought that keeps going through my head.

I almost feel that EMEK's note was an apology ... "Sorry, I had something better in mind, but Ed is a control freak, so, here you go ... "

I thought the exact same thing. It does feel like Emek was restricted to what he wanted in the print. We could be wrong but that was my first impression. Ed did a similar thing to Klausen for the Hawaii print. Brad had to scrap his altogether and sell it as an art print.
I do however like the print although it does seem like something is missing.
kini
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:23 pm

I think the fact that Ed is using this for his cover art for the DVD says that Ed really wanted this specific image. He may have put more specific input into this for that reason.
recycler
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:01 pm

bisondice wrote:Love Emek, but this is not even close to his talent and skill level.
This comment is right...Emek does posses some amazing drawing skills (E.g. 10KLF and Nice Cave) - however his skill to execute appears to be somewhat patchy (lots of festival posters and HANGOVER).
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:48 pm

kini wrote:I think the fact that Ed is using this for his cover art for the DVD says that Ed really wanted this specific image. He may have put more specific input into this for that reason.
:clap:
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Would like this much more if there was a huge Japanese whaling boat in the background.
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

I just started this thread last night because I was too tired to make an official EB entry for this. Maybe we should merge this with the art comments now that there's an official listing.
Flimby

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:08 pm

jjbehren wrote:I just started this thread last night because I was too tired to make an official EB entry for this. Maybe we should merge this with the art comments now that there's an official listing.
done, thanks
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:14 pm

That feels better. Thanks.
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Have you guys seen this in person?
Someone mentioned Brabant... These are not pixelated clouds
Cheff said on other thread that these Vedder posters were restricted to 4 colors
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 pm

I hate to get heavy here, but if Ed dictated the image he wanted to Emek AFTER they had a working agreement to do an image for a poster and CD cover image, I would bet it's the last time Emek works with Vedder... at least, I would hope it's the last time. I say this because artistic integrity, commercial notoriety and monetary gain often conflict. When they do, the resulting actions tell the world as well as the individuals involved a lot about the individuals involved.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.