Phish Gorge 99 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
admiller83
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:24 am

Some great 3.0 stuff from Jim. MSG 09. Greek 10 N1, Junta vinyl print, fest 8, even Portsmouth 11 though ugly is unique and weird-cool. But yeah not too frequent Ph work these days. I wonder if dealing with RedLight Mgmt biz-wise is difficult. Prob not a handshake and an understanding like bitd pre-2001
admiller83
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:35 am

Aside from all the above bs :roll: , this is an all-timer status print. a now-classic image and iconic venue. This print is also featured in the AoMR book in Jim's section. Just added one go the collection for a reasonable price after a near-decade search :pint: One of the prints that got me into collecting.
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:21 am

admiller83 wrote:Aside from all the above bs :roll: , this is an all-timer status print. a now-classic image and iconic venue. This print is also featured in the AoMR book in Jim's section. Just added one go the collection for a reasonable price after a near-decade search :pint: One of the prints that got me into collecting.
Congrats! I was on a decade long search for a mint Astron. I love seeing it on my wall now.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
Posts: 5340
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:28 pm

admiller83 wrote:Some great 3.0 stuff from Jim. MSG 09. Greek 10 N1, Junta vinyl print, fest 8, even Portsmouth 11 though ugly is unique and weird-cool. But yeah not too frequent Ph work these days. I wonder if dealing with RedLight Mgmt biz-wise is difficult. Prob not a handshake and an understanding like bitd pre-2001
Except for a few, I've enjoyed most of Jim's 3.0 offerings. The Portsmouth probably wouldn't make my list, even though I don't dislike it, and I'd add in the Alpine's, Gorge's, Hartford and San Fran.

Congrats on getting the '99, that's a keeper.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17592
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:59 pm

dmm8878 wrote:
admiller83 wrote:Aside from all the above bs :roll: , this is an all-timer status print. a now-classic image and iconic venue. This print is also featured in the AoMR book in Jim's section. Just added one go the collection for a reasonable price after a near-decade search :pint: One of the prints that got me into collecting.
Congrats! I was on a decade long search for a mint Astron. I love seeing it on my wall now.
I know the feeling. That was me with the 2000 Shoreline print.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
automator
Nobody
Posts: 126247
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:28 am

New image Phish George 99 Pollock - Framed
Orange and white double matt. Simple white wood frame.

Image
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17592
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:22 pm

:drool: :clap: :drool:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
3300.jpg
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17592
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 pm

Wow! Were you the winning bidder?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Wow! Were you the winning bidder?
No, I didn't bid. Been watching Pollocks prices skyrocket lately, but this is just nuts.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17592
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 am

At least this is one of his better ones.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 am

kansasbbq wrote:At least this is one of his better ones.
Yep, top 5 Pollock, fo sho. If I were at those shows, I would have pounced on this years ago. Unfortunately, there is no print for any of the 50+ 1.0 shows I attended (aside from the Went, but those prints are a pipe dream). So I guess my Astron to covers all of them : )
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17592
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:08 pm

dmm8878 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:At least this is one of his better ones.
Yep, top 5 Pollock, fo sho. If I were at those shows, I would have pounced on this years ago. Unfortunately, there is no print for any of the 50+ 1.0 shows I attended (aside from the Went, but those prints are a pipe dream). So I guess my Astron to covers all of them : )
I'm the same way. Don't need/want this one because I wasn't there.

Really glad I tracked down the 2000 Shoreline poster several years ago. Still need the 2000 Polaris/Columbus though (sadly, that's becoming further and further out of reach).
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
cktbreaker
Art Expert
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 am

I was selling t-shirts in the parking lot, while all these 99,00 prints were selling at merch booth. Bought them all in the $600 range years later.
Post Reply