Agalloch 11 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

thats always a bonus!

yeah, long time no see, ILL.
virtualmert
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 am

ill wrote:Well, I guess the upside of losing touch with stuff is that you can walk into a show and say "hey, there's all these people walking around with a poster that looks like Aaron Horkey, oh wait it IS Horkey." Nice surprise!
Great to meet you dude!
:cautiously removes pants:
jagiello
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Report from the New York show merch table. Poster sold out last night. Jagiello is fudge out of luck.
did your myan girlfriend miss her myan period ?
jagiello
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:28 pm

The show posters that Agalloch merch had on tour are sold out as of tonights New York stop.
Just came from the venue. Going back at 11 to see Agalloch.
Apparently they sold out last night in Baltimore.
did your myan girlfriend miss her myan period ?
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:48 pm

jagiello wrote:Report from the New York show merch table. Poster sold out last night. Jagiello is fudge out of luck.
Thanks for the heads up, that makes up my decision whether to go to the Boston show.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
alteridiom
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Pic of the actual print in this ebay auction, not mine.
eBay 230598908584
Looks incredible.
Hope I can score one online.
Small town pizza lawyer
virtualmert
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:02 pm

pics of mine:

:notworthy:
boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Does anyone else think the lead singer of Agalloch sounds like Donald Duck ?
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
pathways
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 pm

yes please.

Image Image
Spujo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

pathways wrote:yes please.

YES! :drool:
virtualmert
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 pm

boxcarwilly wrote:Does anyone else think the lead singer of Agalloch sounds like Donald Duck ?
I had never heard them before I went to the show. I enjoyed the music a lot, sounded like heavier mogwai, but as soon as they started singing it killed it for me. Some friendly metal heads tried to explain it to me (after hearing that I was a phish head they were on a mission to convert me), but I just don't get it. Why even sing? Just be an instramental band because they obviously rock, people said the singing would grow on me, I don't see that happening. Also, really subdude crowd. The line outside was almost completely silent waiting to get in. Maybe I'm just used to hippy shows, but it was like pulling teeth getting some people to shoot the fudge with me. Beautiful poster in person though.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:04 pm

pathways wrote:yes please.

Please tell me "some cool dude" is still following this thread! ThirdEye's brainchild got us a killer variant so maybe lightning will strike twice. *holds 2-iron into the air*

"Who are you kidding? Even God can't hit a 2-iron!"
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:05 pm

virtualmert wrote:
boxcarwilly wrote:Does anyone else think the lead singer of Agalloch sounds like Donald Duck ?
I had never heard them before I went to the show. I enjoyed the music a lot, sounded like heavier mogwai, but as soon as they started singing it killed it for me. Some friendly metal heads tried to explain it to me (after hearing that I was a phish head they were on a mission to convert me), but I just don't get it. Why even sing? Just be an instramental band because they obviously rock, people said the singing would grow on me, I don't see that happening. Also, really subdude crowd. The line outside was almost completely silent waiting to get in. Maybe I'm just used to hippy shows, but it was like pulling teeth getting some people to shoot the fudge with me. Beautiful poster in person though.
I don't know if there is any explanation or rationalization of screamed vocals that help the uninitiated understand their appeal or purpose but in regard to your question of why sing at all it might help if you understand that in metal/punk/hardcore screaming is mostly for emphasis and not for aesthetic appeal. When the lyrical themes are as bold, confrontational, urgent, dark or for lack of a better more specific term, angry, it wouldn't make sense to have a timid, restrained delivery. Extreme vocals are part and parcel of a lot of the heavier genres (in my opinion necessarily so) and are in proportion to the extremity and urgency of the music and lyrical themes. To quote Shai Hulud (another band with 'cookie-monster' vocals :) ), "Some words must be screamed rather than sung or spoken". Regardless of any of that subjective, personal-taste business I think it's completely awesome people are giving the bands music a chance and in virtualmerts case, going to and STAYING for the show!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Yo!

Hey Mitch or anyone that knows;

What are the different editions of this puppy?

I see these

Main edition - 170

Variant - 40

VE(?) - 100

What does the VE mean? And is there a difference between the main and ve?
Cheers!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Yo!

Hey Mitch or anyone that knows;

What are the different editions of this puppy?

I see these

Main edition - 170

Variant - 40

VE(?) - 100

What does the VE mean? And is there a difference between the main and ve?

Cheers!!
Just a guess but maybe, Vernal Equinox aka tour version?