Steve Miller Band ACL 11 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 pm

FYI - The Steve Miller Band was originally The Miller Blues Band... Hence the bluesy sound of their first couple albums. Then Stevie Guitar realized with Livin In The USA that he could make hits. The rest, as they say, is his-to-ry!

Nice image, squirt!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 pm

steve miller is still around

who knew
mmmm Beer :pint:
kyle
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:20 am

crapshackles !!! must have !
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:29 am

Very nice!!! He changed the lettering up from his usual too, good to see :clap:

Hope he sells some copies on his blog eventually.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
desch
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 am

electrachrome wrote:
desch wrote:I think this will be similar to Alejandro Escovedo. All the show editions were sold at ACL. I believe Chuck had a very limited number of A/P's available on his site or somewhere else for sale. I've never heard where the people who have those A/P's originally got theirs. I'd love to know.
a few Alejandro Escovedo posters were sold at TRPS and on Chuck's European tour last year. none through his site.
this thing is the tits.

while not a big Steve Miller fan, there is no denying the band has had a bunch of hits.
I do dig the early albums (Sailor & Brave New World). very bluesy and psychadelic.
Thanks electrachrome. This may give me more incentive to go to TRPS this year!
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 am

they should have a TRPS for us East Coasters too, wtf
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:31 am

Kdh12 wrote:steve miller is still around

who knew
coupla' pic's I took from this past Christmas Jam XXII

That's Ivan Neville over his left shoulder...oh and Warren (The Ever So Gracious Host of Christmas Jam in this other photo).

Steve Miller basically hosted the entire late-nite set. Usually Warren introduces everyone and carries the show from guest to guest.

"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:59 am

Imatruck wrote:nice poster chuck. in 1992(?),when they opened for the Grateful Dead, I remember thinking that they were just limping along to the finish line....and here we are almost 10 years later. Good for him.
Yes, here we are...10 years later
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 am

bigmuls wrote:
Imatruck wrote:nice poster chuck. in 1992(?),when they opened for the Grateful Dead, I remember thinking that they were just limping along to the finish line....and here we are almost 10 years later. Good for him.
The time does fly by, huh?
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
woodyland
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 am

What happened to Warren's white pick guard? Guitar Center must have all sold out of Gibson Les Paul Sunburst white pick guard & Warren drew the short straw.

Almost 10 years, yeah, ha.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir

ceevee
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:10 am

bigmuls wrote:
I remember having a backstage pass for that billing at Soldier Field. Damn illness put me out of commission and wasn't able to go to the shows. Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. :wink:

I ended up seeing Steve Miller twice around then. First time was a greatest hits type show and was pretty by the book and unmemorable. Second time was part of a rally and they played none of the big hits - just pure jammy blues like the old Steve Miller Band. Good stuff, that one. Norton Buffalo (RIP) was on fire for that show.
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:09 am

Talkin about a guy who was at the Monterey Pop Festival, that's '67, 44 years ago, now that's a lifetime of rockin.
And yup, whole lotta sunburst Paul love goin on in that pic!
slujkr
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:40 am

sk8nshoot1 wrote:
bigmuls wrote:
The time does fly by, huh?
Like an eagle
Imatruck
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:23 am

bigmuls wrote:
:D .....that new math always confused me.
upseeker
Art Expert

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:12 am

ACL and SXSW may be the two best reasons to live in Austin. Here is a third. What a poster! :drool: