Converge Fall Tour 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
watersbrad
Art Expert

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:11 am

getoutoftheleftlane wrote:
watersbrad wrote:So, what's up with the 'lipstick'?
Are you referring to the 'red rocket'?
Indeed.

I might argue that it's a crucial component of the composition.

Then again, I might argue that nobody will be able to provide a worthwhile explanation except for Mr. Horkey...

Meanwhile, WTF? :wink:
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:41 am

I'd say the beast is pretty stoked that in a few moments it will embark on committing some evil driven mayhem, it's excited.
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:37 pm

people were asking - 20.5x40" 8 colors
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:39 pm

You guys weren't kidding about that red rocket.
thegig
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:45 am

Anybody check out the close-ups on this puppy?! Letta...tell us your little secret...
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:29 pm

i have a secret? i really don't... if i had a sandwich i'd be really happy, but no sandwich and no secret.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:53 am

Rev.Mike wrote:The building is becoming the beast, if you notice, the floorboards rippling are being drawn up into the cloak looking portion that's morphing into the beast. It's a were-house. I just wanna see this about 30-45 seconds later.
personally, i won't buy into it unless i hear it from horkey's mouth, as i don't generally like people other than the artist themselves casting their own opinion as a piece's definitive meaning or inspiration. plus, in this case of an image that is so willfully abstract, i perfer that people discover their own personal meaning - not based on someone else's theory.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:30 am

Chu wanna fight mang?
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:38 am

Bralumian wrote:
Rev.Mike wrote:The building is becoming the beast, if you notice, the floorboards rippling are being drawn up into the cloak looking portion that's morphing into the beast. It's a were-house. I just wanna see this about 30-45 seconds later.
personally, i won't buy into it unless i hear it from horkey's mouth, as i don't generally like people other than the artist themselves casting their own opinion as a piece's definitive meaning or inspiration. plus, in this case of an image that is so willfully abstract, i perfer that people discover their own personal meaning - not based on someone else's theory.

Do you even know who he is?

It's REV. MIKE!

Doucheface.

(ps i heart the POS print!!! omg!)
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:20 am

I'm not that Mike. I'm just some other random dorky Mike that BRLSQ has enslaved.
My only talents are as sycophant, following rudimentary directions, espousing unfounded opinions on the internet to the consternation of others, and flowery sentences.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:41 am

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:
Bralumian wrote:

Do you even know who he is?

It's REV. MIKE!

Doucheface.

(ps i heart the POS print!!! omg!)
And that's supposed to impress me...why?

The POS print was done my Mike Davis not Rev. Mike...

apparently it is you who doesn't know who HE is...
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:48 am

yawn.....who cares.

It's a fantastic horkey, that's really all that matters
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:53 am

is there gonna be a slap fight up in this piece?

i personally welcome pontification on our posters, because i think a lot of them can be interpreted in a billion ways, and the one you're most likely to never hear is aaron's own interpretation of it. therefore, everyone else should have at it. the only point i'd make is that rev. mike may have better perspective since he helped us print these beasts (at least i think he was there... it's all such a blur!), so he's likely had to stare at the image for far longer than he'd ever hoped!
Last edited by lettawren on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:57 am

I still like my initial interpretation.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:49 pm

I guess this isn't the place to talk about art. I retract all my statements.