Save Ferris 11 Budich

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm

For a serious post - I think anyone that pays enough attention around here is extremely suspicious of everything all the time, and with good reason.
db23
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 pm

i retract my statement. this poster definitely sold for $630 and worth every penny. FYI, i know the guy who knew the guy who talked to the guy that sold that one poster for 8 times it's value 3 months ago. totally legit.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Lol...my first post on this site a year ago was defending an auction I had 6 months prior that everyone was crying shill bid over. Memories!

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 4&start=79
db23
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 pm

there will always be a reason for stupid buyers. one being a shortage of a poster. anyone remember when the Verve announced they were reuniting and an otherwise middle of the road ($100) poster sold for $580+ out of nowhere...

http://expressobeans.com/members/detail ... 02/history

Or Obama running for re-election and a spike in Hope and Progress values. Obama, so hot right now, Obama.

But this is a piece of trash and copies are readily available. I don't buy it. And I have nothing to gain or lose from it because I don't own it and will never want it. It's a community thing and you have to be suspicious of price manipulation.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 pm

i bought this on drop day and sold it for $150 once i got it. true story. wasn't impressed with the poster.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
CSmiley317
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:46 pm

db23 wrote:there will always be a reason for stupid buyers. one being a shortage of a poster. anyone remember when the Verve announced they were reuniting and an otherwise middle of the road ($100) poster sold for $580+ out of nowhere...

http://expressobeans.com/members/detail ... 02/history

Or Obama running for re-election and a spike in Hope and Progress values. Obama, so hot right now, Obama.

But this is a piece of trash and copies are readily available. I don't buy it. And I have nothing to gain or lose from it because I don't own it and will never want it. It's a community thing and you have to be suspicious of price manipulation.
I respect your opinion. And I agree with "It's a community thing and you have to be suspicious of price manipulation."
But she was the only one on EBay selling it. I mentioned that the buyer may have never used EB. Copies were not readily available on EBay at the time of the sale. If they were readily available on EBay for a cheaper price, then there's NO WAY that buyer would've lay down that amount of money if someone else was selling it for lesser on EBay. Law of Supply and Demand. I overpaid for a $1299 Sony 40 inch LCD back before LEDs because it was the only one left in the store inventory and was selling for higher. Several months later, when there was a huge surplus of these things, they lowered the price to $799 because it was so readily available. Once again, laws of supply and demand at work.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Does this qualify as the highest selling Budich?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
CSmiley317
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:51 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:I didn't read that thesis so I might have missed it, but please post the link when you raffle off the Alien II and Raiders, I'd like to see who wins.
Lol. Nice.
Even if I mentioned 'If' I ever raffle off my Alien II or Raiders print.
Anyway, I reacted swiftly with pride and jabbed back after being jabbed with "Look guys, it's the shill bidder!" comment. Just didn't appreciate being labeled "shill bidder" when I don't condone that type of behavior.
I was being prideful, and I apologize for jabbing back like that.
Last edited by CSmiley317 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
summoner
Art Freak

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Anyone have one of these FS right now?
Image Image Image
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Ridiculous what some people invest their time in...

Ebay is an enigma - ridiculous sales at ridiculous prices for the most bizarre things happen ALL THE TIME. I have no trouble believing this was a legit sale - some Ferris freak who just got into posters, someone who wanted to give a cool gift to a friend or family member, or just someone with a ton of money. The fact that it was an international buyer makes sense too...

I think a lot of people are under the misconception that most people who buy prints are EB members and/or have any idea what the actual market value for these limited edition prints is. I also know for a FACT that many ebayers don't comparison shop - they simply see something they want, decide they can afford it, and click three buttons. I have sold so so many posters that were listed as Or Best Offers AND that were also listed by other sellers with lower prices but the buyer simply bought it for my asking price. Happens all the time.

Being skeptical and suspicious is warranted given what many of us have seen go down both here and on ebay but it is out of control around here lately. Calling someone a shill-bidder based on nothing but conjecture is super lame.

Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:02 pm

CrustaR wrote:Does this qualify as the highest selling Budich?
didn't his ugly ass Dave Matthews print fetch some dollas....several years ago.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
CSmiley317
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:08 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:For a serious post - I think anyone that pays enough attention around here is extremely suspicious of everything all the time, and with good reason.
I agree with you. You have a valid point, there's nothing wrong with questioning sales and legitimacy, by all means - especially due to fake sales and shill-bidding being prevalent today. It just blows whenever a legitimate sale actually comes along, and because of a ridiculous selling price, doesn't get a fair shot. And then the seller unfortunately gets tossed into the pile of illegitimate sellers, followed by slanderous comment after comment from others. But yes, just like you mentioned... "I think anyone that pays enough attention around here is extremely suspicious/doubtful of everything all the time and with good reason." And respectfully, I'll add this: just not at the expense of someone else's dignity, especially if the seller happens to be one of the honest, legitimate ones.
CSmiley317
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:37 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Ridiculous what some people invest their time in...

Ebay is an enigma - ridiculous sales at ridiculous prices for the most bizarre things happen ALL THE TIME. I have no trouble believing this was a legit sale - some Ferris freak who just got into posters, someone who wanted to give a cool gift to a friend or family member, or just someone with a ton of money. The fact that it was an international buyer makes sense too...

I think a lot of people are under the misconception that most people who buy prints are EB members and/or have any idea what the actual market value for these limited edition prints is. I also know for a FACT that many ebayers don't comparison shop - they simply see something they want, decide they can afford it, and click three buttons. I have sold so so many posters that were listed as Or Best Offers AND that were also listed by other sellers with lower prices but the buyer simply bought it for my asking price. Happens all the time.

Being skeptical and suspicious is warranted given what many of us have seen go down both here and on ebay but it is out of control around here lately. Calling someone a shill-bidder based on nothing but conjecture is super lame.

Appreciate your .02, earlgreytoast.
Well said.
Cheers :pint:
CSmiley317
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Lol...my first post on this site a year ago was defending an auction I had 6 months prior that everyone was crying shill bid over. Memories!

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 4&start=79
Thanks for sharing this, Superfro33. :)