Charlotte 11 Kawasaki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:
soma wrote:the prints get out of order when they're stacked and restacked (signed, sleeved, packed) plus the addresses get sorted so that we're mailing the furthest away first (start with int'l then east coast then west coast) so that everyone is getting their print at approximately the same time. that's not to say we ship the low numbers to int'l customers, but everything becomes quite random when we ship.
That's unfortunate. I set my alarm for 3 am ET so that I could be one of the first to order a print in hopes of getting a low number.
Same here. I think anyone ordering internationally should expect a longer wait anyway. I have to disagree with how they're handling this and am disappointed it isn't first come, first serve with low #'s going out to first people who bought. People who were right on top of the sale and bought right away should be shipped first and get the low #'s. For the 1st time, I'm going to call something related to Audrey lame.

So u spoke of Intl, the East Coast, and West Coast, but what about the people in the midwest and rocky mountain states? Where would they fit into this jumbled mess? Sorry Leah, but I really dont agree with this decision by camp Audrey. I suggest changing it and rewarding the first in, with first shipment and low #'s. Thx.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Are there any artists you haven't badmouthed yet?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
wizdom
Art Expert

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:05 pm

I agree with fluff. I don't care the order they ship it in. I'm not really in a hurry to get it BUT number-wise - people who ordered first should get lower numbers. A no-brainer.
jojobadass
Art Freak

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:09 pm

can I get #69
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Where have you guys been for the past 4 years? They've always done it this way as far as I can recall. It's hilarious some of you have set an alarm to buy Audrey's 24 hour time-limit print when you should have been aware of this practice or you should have asked in the first place. Only you to blame. It's a very nice sign of respect and care to ship the farthest orders first if you ask me.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm pretty sure Audrey's prints have always had the edition numbers randomly assigned. I don't think it's ever been a first come/first number type deal. Kinda surprised so many people are getting up in arms about this.
Image Image
soma
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:57 pm

yeah we've always done it this way. but even if we weren't treating the geography the way we do, it's damn near impossible to keep 1000 prints in order through production.
Static Medium Print & Photo - reproducing your favorite art since 2006.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:22 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:
soma wrote:the prints get out of order when they're stacked and restacked (signed, sleeved, packed) plus the addresses get sorted so that we're mailing the furthest away first (start with int'l then east coast then west coast) so that everyone is getting their print at approximately the same time. that's not to say we ship the low numbers to int'l customers, but everything becomes quite random when we ship.
That's unfortunate. I set my alarm for 3 am ET so that I could be one of the first to order a print in hopes of getting a low number.
Same here. I think anyone ordering internationally should expect a longer wait anyway. I have to disagree with how they're handling this and am disappointed it isn't first come, first serve with low #'s going out to first people who bought. People who were right on top of the sale and bought right away should be shipped first and get the low #'s. For the 1st time, I'm going to call something related to Audrey lame.

So u spoke of Intl, the East Coast, and West Coast, but what about the people in the midwest and rocky mountain states? Where would they fit into this jumbled mess? Sorry Leah, but I really dont agree with this decision by camp Audrey. I suggest changing it and rewarding the first in, with first shipment and low #'s. Thx.
And I might add that I live in the mountains of Colorado.
Image Image
deancc
Art Expert

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:29 pm

tranito wrote:It's hilarious some of you have set an alarm to buy Audrey's 24 hour time-limit print
dsanacore
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:23 am

Framed version is available again.
Image Image
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:I have to disagree with how they're handling this...

For the 1st time, I'm going to call something related to Audrey lame.

...this jumbled mess? Sorry Leah, but I really dont agree with this decision by camp Audrey. I suggest changing it and rewarding the first in, with first shipment and low #'s. Thx.
Codeblue wrote:Are there any artists you haven't badmouthed yet?
The sense of entitlement is strong with this one.
DarthHippie
Art Expert

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:26 am

Have my shipping notice on this one!!! ( I read the pink box at the top...there is no release discussion. I was forced to break the rules!)
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:33 am

I should be getting this today.
sistinas
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Received mine today, safely packed flat between many layers of cardboard, it is #270/1160 :D :D :D
Last edited by sistinas on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shibby
Art Expert

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:41 pm

sistinas wrote:Received mine today, safely packed flat between many layers of cardboard, it is #270/11670 :D :D :D
Surely u mean 1670?