Star Wars Set 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
User avatar
desch
Art Expert
Posts: 3236
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Denver

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:17 pm

SimpJee wrote:
desch wrote:
ill wrote:Does anyone buy things because they like them anymore?
Yep, I do.
Same here ... haven't sold one of mine yet!
I plan on framing all of my Moss and Stout Star Wars prints, 9 in all. Now I've just got to figure out where to put them all! Probably a lot of wall space swapping out with other posters.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
User avatar
cargoflipper
Art Expert
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:35 am

I think the Gold Variant editions are so much better looking. I can't wait to get them in my mits!
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 pm

cargoflipper wrote:I think the Gold Variant editions are so much better looking. I can't wait to get them in my mits!
Regs look pretty amazing - if they had metallics they would be tough to beat.

I look forward to the day that I will receive these posters!
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14710
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 am

recycler wrote:
cargoflipper wrote:I think the Gold Variant editions are so much better looking. I can't wait to get them in my mits!
Regs look pretty amazing - if they had metallics they would be tough to beat.

I look forward to the day that I will receive these posters!
They should have metallics, according to Stout's website: "24x36 on cream paper / Commissioned by The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
7 Color Screenprint with Metallics"
Image
edderlyj
Art Expert
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Spadger, SC

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:33 am

broker than a record and keeping the hayell out of mine
I won.
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7129
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:53 am

eBay 290519846533

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Mini-poster BOOKMARKS!! :rolling:


MOVE OVER MINI-POSTER FROM COFFEE TABLE-BOOK GUY, HERE COMES SOMETHIN' LEANER!!


drymounting killing me..
User avatar
adamsmasher
Art Expert
Posts: 2360
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 pm
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:54 am

cargoflipper wrote:I think the Gold Variant editions are so much better looking. I can't wait to get them in my mits!
i went so far as to create frame mockups of all 6 of stout's SW posters and while they are all a treat, the one that stands out the most to me is th star wars variant. it seems to have the perfect balance of gold, not too much, and the contrast of the print just pops once the color is taken away. i'm still highly attracted to the empire regular, too, so i'm not sure which i'll want to frame until i see them up close. will try to post my mockups tomorrow, can't figure out how to do it from my ipad right now.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9945
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:30 am

cargoflipper wrote:I think the Gold Variant editions are so much better looking. I can't wait to get them in my mits!
No doubt the variants are going to be sweet with D&L metallics, but these prints NEED colors, so I'm giving the nod to the reg. edition :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
aeonpulse
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 pm

chalkdust wrote:eBay 290519846533

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Mini-poster BOOKMARKS!! :rolling:


MOVE OVER MINI-POSTER FROM COFFEE TABLE-BOOK GUY, HERE COMES SOMETHIN' LEANER!!


drymounting killing me..
LOL, *and* he's misusing the word "literally" in the description. i hate when people do that...
User avatar
morecoffee
Art Expert
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
recycler wrote:
cargoflipper wrote:I think the Gold Variant editions are so much better looking. I can't wait to get them in my mits!
Regs look pretty amazing - if they had metallics they would be tough to beat.

I look forward to the day that I will receive these posters!
They should have metallics, according to Stout's website: "24x36 on cream paper / Commissioned by The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
7 Color Screenprint with Metallics"
I never understood why people assumed the regulars wouldn't have any metallic inks.
These posters are like movie trailers. They're exciting.
They make me want to watch all of the Star Wars movies when I look at them.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18434
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:34 pm

morecoffee wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
recycler wrote:
cargoflipper wrote:I think the Gold Variant editions are so much better looking. I can't wait to get them in my mits!
Regs look pretty amazing - if they had metallics they would be tough to beat.

I look forward to the day that I will receive these posters!
They should have metallics, according to Stout's website: "24x36 on cream paper / Commissioned by The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
7 Color Screenprint with Metallics"
I never understood why people assumed the regulars wouldn't have any metallic inks.
These posters are like movie trailers. They're exciting.
They make me want to watch all of the Star Wars movies when I look at them.
I seriously sat down and watched these all just a couple days ago because of the Stout release. I'm not a huge SW geek but the poster drew me in enough to watch the series again!
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
kj1nyr
Art Expert
Posts: 2719
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Valley of the Sun
Contact:

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 pm

chalkdust wrote:eBay 290519846533

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Mini-poster BOOKMARKS!! :rolling:


MOVE OVER MINI-POSTER FROM COFFEE TABLE-BOOK GUY, HERE COMES SOMETHIN' LEANER!!


drymounting killing me..
Please tell me someone has reported this to Tyler, Mondo and/or ebay.
User avatar
desch
Art Expert
Posts: 3236
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Denver

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm

kj1nyr wrote:
chalkdust wrote:eBay 290519846533

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Mini-poster BOOKMARKS!! :rolling:


MOVE OVER MINI-POSTER FROM COFFEE TABLE-BOOK GUY, HERE COMES SOMETHIN' LEANER!!


drymounting killing me..
Please tell me someone has reported this to Tyler, Mondo and/or ebay.
I'm sure someone did, but just in case, I PM'ed Justin in case he didn't know. Not sure what the legal issues are, but we'll see.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7858
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:43 am

desch wrote:I'm sure someone did, but just in case, I PM'ed Justin in case he didn't know. Not sure what the legal issues are, but we'll see.
Now I'll never be able to have Tyler Stout Star Wars bed sheets.
User avatar
KNEEL13
EB Team
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm
Location: Chicago area

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:41 pm

There are 11 people that still have this set as their vote for art of the week. Sets cannot win art of the week, so if you want your votes to count, change your votes to one of the individual posters.
Post Reply