Star Wars Set 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
smokeycat
Art Expert

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:32 pm

:clap: next three films pleez, or first three, however you may see it... :notworthy: :drool:more pleez
ImageImageImage
downtown
Art Expert

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:21 pm

This makes me want to watch the movies again.
thebends9
Art Expert

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:24 pm

downtown wrote:This makes me want to watch the movies for the first time.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm watching them with my 11-year-old daughter right now, in order -- ep. I-VI.

But let's take a break for the Indy series.

Another artist possibility: Sperry's ark of the covenant.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:28 pm

thebends9 wrote:
downtown wrote:This makes me want to watch the movies for the first time.
tsk, tsk
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:24 am

bysleightofhand wrote:I wonder which poster will be higher in demand in a few years
Olly Moss or Stouts.
chisoxfan2424 wrote:Stout will. Look at his track record.
The Stouts are more than double the run of the Moss'. Wonder if that will effect anything? I don't care, I like both sets. Stunningly different yet both represent their subjects very well.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:14 am

I honestly believe that both the Moss and Stout releases will be very valuable long term and have to give the nod to Moss... the aesthetic of his design is so clean and definitive that I see it being more sought-after than the Stouts in the long run. BOTH have very bright futures in the art & design world, so it's pretty much a win-win either way for those that were lucky enough to score both :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:35 am

[Standard rant about print value]

Short-term, the value of the sets is going to go down since everyone and their mother is trying to flip them on eBay for a quick couple hundred bucks. But as these find their way into the hands of the true Star Wars fans/collectors, the average price will rise again pretty steadily.

[/Standard rant about print value]
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:45 am

:lol: ... hey, it's all part of collecting. Anyone that says otherwise is like the guy who has the right to throw the first stone :twisted:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 am

RiotAct wrote:[Standard rant about print value]

Short-term, the value of the sets is going to go down since everyone and their mother is trying to flip them on eBay for a quick couple hundred bucks. But as these find their way into the hands of the true Star Wars fans/collectors, the average price will rise again pretty steadily.

[/Standard rant about print value]
I was explaining that very process to my cousin today, as I was trying to make her understand how I could spend $300 on Star Wars prints over the past 2 weeks.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 am

My guess is that the Stout's will be more sought after long term. I just think the Stout prints, from the lettering in the titles to the images, are more of an homage to the original movie posters, which will make them more appealing to people, like me, who remember looking at those posters and waiting in long lines at movie theatres when these first came out. Just my opinion, but I also think that the images on the Stout's are more appealing than the Moss's, with the exception of Jedi. I really like the Moss Jedi with Darth. I could do without Boba Fett or C3PO as the major image in the first two Moss prints. I don't think the run size is gonna be the be-all end all in this. It'll be what Star Wars nuts and movie buffs decide is the "gold standard" of these SW prints, that will decide whether the Stout or the Moss prints are more valuable one.

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:42 am

A Wretched Hive is another print that's going to be around for a long time... and I can see where the Stout might be more sought-after. The colors and illustrations are all-encompassing and typical of Stout's whimsical, yet comprehensive, genius. He's going places with people in all the right places, so he's going to be doing some B I G things over the next few decades when it comes to quality Hollywood art... :twisted:
> THC X 9 <
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 am

mtarail wrote:My guess is that the Stout's will be more sought after long term. I just think the Stout prints, from the lettering in the titles to the images, are more of an homage to the original movie posters, which will make them more appealing to people, like me, who remember looking at those posters and waiting in long lines at movie theatres when these first came out. Just my opinion, but I also think that the images on the Stout's are more appealing than the Moss's, with the exception of Jedi. I really like the Moss Jedi with Darth. I could do without Boba Fett or C3PO as the major image in the first two Moss prints. I don't think the run size is gonna be the be-all end all in this. It'll be what Star Wars nuts and movie buffs decide is the "gold standard" of these SW prints, that will decide whether the Stout or the Moss prints are more valuable one.

Come on, Boba Fett is the man!!! Err, bounty hunter clone.

Although, he didn't have THAT major of a role in ESB, did he? Correct me if I'm wrong.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:11 am

he might not have talked much, but he proved important for finding the millennium falcon...thus vader setting up a trap for luke...thus luke, i am your fasha moment was possible!
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
downtown
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 am

Stout.