Star Wars Set 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
moonshine
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:18 am

RiotAct wrote:[Standard rant about print value]

Short-term, the value of the sets is going to go down since everyone and their mother is trying to flip them on eBay for a quick couple hundred bucks. But as these find their way into the hands of the true Star Wars fans/collectors, the average price will rise again pretty steadily.

[/Standard rant about print value]
just like the Moss/Stout LOST prints?...think again...there are no absolutes in the art world....
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 am

moonshine wrote:

Short-term, the value of the sets is going to go down since everyone and their mother is trying to flip them on eBay for a quick couple hundred bucks. But as these find their way into the hands of the true Star Wars fans/collectors, the average price will rise again pretty steadily.

just like the Moss/Stout LOST prints?...think again...there are no absolutes in the art world....
are you comparing Lost to Star Wars?
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:51 pm

RiotAct wrote:
moonshine wrote:

are you comparing Lost to Star Wars?
I think you can compare the 2 in the sense that both are cult phenomenons that gained momentum as they went along. Granted SW fans are much greater in numbers but 10 million people were caught up by the the time season 6 rolled around. Olly's print ended up in Entertainment Weekly for drymounting sake's. Stout's SW regular set in now selling at $550 and dropping. 850 is a huge run. LOST prints were all 300.
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Comparing Star Wars to LOST is like comparing apples to acorns. Sorry, but LOST is no where near the franchise that SW is... not even in the same galaxy, and trying to compare the two when it comes to long-term value or collectability is just plain 'ol silly talk. Now, if you want to compare LOST to Fantasy Island, well now we're talking... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:43 pm

5 yrs from now nobody is gonna care much about lost. I expect those poster values to decrease. Star wars will continue to gain fans and be in demand. Star wars is something fathers share with their children. Lost? Not so much.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:54 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:5 yrs from now nobody is gonna care much about lost.
People said the same thing after Star Trek went off the air.

I'm not saying that they are identical but it is very difficult to predict what will have legs in the cult community vs what will not.

I don't think anyone thought that The Prisoner would have the following it does today.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:55 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:5 yrs from now nobody is gonna care much about lost. I expect those poster values to decrease. Star wars will continue to gain fans and be in demand. Star wars is something fathers share with their children. Lost? Not so much.
I don't think thats true at all. I know more people that found the series through netflix and word of mouth AFTER the series ended, than I do people that followed it from the pilot like I did. Weather or not that leads to more demand on the prints... who knows. The print series will mirror each other in the sense that there will be 2 or 3 standouts that will command a higher price, but the fillers will drop down considerably. case in point: Leah Bell.... down to cost. 10 Banthas...very close to cost on the bay.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:49 pm

cargoflipper wrote: 10 Banthas...very close to cost on the bay.
Big difference- that one will go back up with time.

LOST compete with Star Wars? :rolling: :tumbleweed:
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:39 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
cargoflipper wrote: 10 Banthas...very close to cost on the bay.
Big difference- that one will go back up with time.

LOST compete with Star Wars? :rolling: :tumbleweed:
I'm talking about the poster series dude, not the phenomenon or cult impact on our society. Lets see how many people want Dave Kinsey's "Raider" print in a years time. I'm guessing not that many. P.S. You can get one for $80 now on the bay. OBO
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:48 am

You really think 10 Banthas will go up in time?? How? If the argument can be made that Mondo made the T.Stout regular edition a run of 850 then the opposite can be made for 10 banthas. It has a run of 175. Justin isn't going to risk a no sell-out like the 2nd series of LOST prints did w/ a run of 500 so-so looking prints (Except Moss, which is currently hanging in my living room) I personally think it looks like a drugged out dr seuss image.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:59 am

Lost posters will be less then face in the very near future.... Maybe the Moss & the Stout will hold some value, but the rest will be "LOST".

These new Mondo posters are in a different league.

850 is not a very big portion of the Star Wars fanatics out there.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:11 am

GR8Dane wrote:Lost posters will be less then face in the very near future.... Maybe the Moss & the Stout will hold some value, but the rest will be "LOST".

Half nearly are now. Moss and Tan are the stand-outs for me. Don't discount the fact that the LOST prints are all 18 x 24 besides Stout. They can sit in a flat file for a long time. The SW prints are huge and will become not very practical to alot of people, real fast. If that happens it floods the market and the price drops. I think the stout and moss SW prints eclipse the others so bad they will increase in value while the others drop..... far. I'm so glad I was able to grab a variant stout set!
edderlyj
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 am

there is a prevalent sickness among the $$$$$$$$isters of the poor that will allow the fat to be cast asunder once their wife/mom/cats help put their needful existences back in the pale--with the hyper focus of hand washing and staring at shelves of jellies for a few hours in a pool of their own fingernails at the grocers'. I'm glad I got a wake up call <backs pat>.
Chiding the Covetous
Pitying the Party
Plying the Boards off the Coffin from the Inside

and just kidding
Героям слава
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:00 pm

i've never landed a stout variant until now - in anticipation of their arrival is there anyone out there who has seen any of his variants up close and can tell me their thoughts on them? thanks!
charter
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 pm

GR8Dane wrote:Lost posters will be less then face in the very near future.... Maybe the Moss & the Stout will hold some value, but the rest will be "LOST".

The less popular ones yes. The more popular ones like Crash and Locke, no. I also don't think Dan's or Daniel's will ever dip back down to cost. They will remain at around what they are doing now. You will never see a $60 Locke or Crash on ebay. Same is said for this series. You will never see Stout or Olly sell for $150 on ebay but you will see some of the lesser popular ones, which a lot have already, sold at cost or just right above.