Star Wars Set 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
maden
Art Expert

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:08 pm

meskell wrote: they arrived with the variants in one tube and the regs in another. I've only opened one tube at this point, which were the variants, and there was no type of protection separating the prints. All three rolled together and shoved in a tube
That is how they come from Mondo, and I think that is how almost everyone around here would have done it as well. All three together should be a problem if the person knows how to roll them properly.
meskell wrote:Needless to say the edges were damaged. At least enough to make a note of it when it comes to something that didn't come cheaply second hand.
I have seen a lot of these (and the Moss prints) where the description says that the person never opened the tube, never unrolled them, never looked at them etc. but still says they are new/mint. They stopped being new the second that Mondo rolled them up. And if you don't open them, you don't know if they are damaged, and you can't get replacements from Mondo (lots of donkey flippers out there).
meskell wrote:But this is where I'm asking for anyone's opinion out there that has already or will be receiving these prints in the future. None of the variants were numbered. I've been told that Mondo has sent out unnumbered prints in the past from editions that were listed as numbered. So I guess this could happen.
I haven't gotten mine so I can be sure, but I know that sometimes Mondo numbers them in a place that is hard to see. It took me a bit to find the numbers on my Moss set. So I would say look around.

All that being said, if they seller said they were mint and numbered, and if they are not, you cant return them for your $$$. eBay and PayPal will side with you. Then send Mitch the info of the person that sold them to you, so they can be stuck with damaged prints.

edit - all this should probably be moved to the release discussion.
Last edited by maden on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:12 pm

maden wrote:
meskell wrote:But this is where I'm asking for anyone's opinion out there that has already or will be receiving these prints in the future. None of the variants were numbered. I've been told that Mondo has sent out unnumbered prints in the past from editions that were listed as numbered. So I guess this could happen.
I haven't gotten mine so I can be sure, but I know that sometimes Mondo numbers them in a place that is hard to see. It took me a bit to find the numbers on my Moss set. So I would say look around.

All that being said, if they seller said they were mint and numbered, and if they are not, you cant return them for your $$$. eBay and PayPal will side with you. Then send Mitch the info of the person that sold them to you, so they can be stuck with damaged prints.
meskell
Art Expert

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:14 pm

RiotAct wrote:I haven't gotten mine so I can be sure, but I know that sometimes Mondo numbers them in a place that is hard to see. It took me a bit to find the numbers on my Moss set. So I would say look around.
So I took a good look and can't find any numbering. At least by hand. I wrote to Mondo to see what they have to say about it. Be glad to post any news I hear back.

I should also add that the prints look legit. All the metalics shine and they don't look like photo copies. So I guess I'll see as more of you receive yours. I appreciate the comments and knew this was the best source for help and feedback. So thanks again.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
hayward96 wrote:How is it that people buying on eBay already have these but Mondo hasn't even marked mine as shipped?
There were 875 so it might be a minute.
Hey gonzo, I think he was referring to how someone bought on ebay and has received the *variants* when no one has said theirs have shipped yet and no one had been able to pick up the variants with the regulars a few days ago because they hadn't been numbered yet. Hmmm, even more suspicious that meskell's variant set was unnumbered...meskell, keep us informed please...
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
Asoli
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:06 am

There was a member who had the variant set because he picked it up in person.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:34 am

Asoli wrote:There was a member who had the variant set because he picked it up in person.
But how could someone pick up an unnumbered set? Somebody would realize the error when they picked it up. That can't be how meskell's ebay seller got his variant set.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
meskell
Art Expert

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:55 am

O.k here's the deal. I haven't got the full scoop from Mondo although we're in communication. But according to the seller, who I purchased the prints from off ebay, he works for the company that licenses out the rights to Mondo to print Star Wars related material. And the many other franchises that the company holds the rights to.

So, for those that haven't already guessed based on that information, these prints were proofs that Mondo sent out to the company (Mondo hasn't confirmed that with me) and on to Lucas for approval. So that is what I believe I received. Proofs. And from what I have gathered from the communication that the seller and I have exchanged Mondo has also subsequently been in communication with the seller. To the extent that the seller has already refunded my purchase.

I was lucky that the seller didn't seem to have anything to hide and was more than happy to make things right for me. And I have to add that Mondo was extremely helpful in this situation and it's obvious that they care quite a bit about their products and the authenticity of such.

So the lesson I learned was to never assume that a print is numbered just because that is how it was advertised for release. Better off asking if it is and then asking for a pic if still wary. Because it is now obvious to me that this wasn't and isn't an isolated incident.

Hope everyone's prints arrive soon and safe.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
ohnine
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 am

that guy got fired............ :hanging:
jumpinjeza
Art Expert

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 am

ohnine wrote:that guy got fired............ :hanging:
Are you for real? Or taking the piss?
trarex wrote:I find this very disturbing.
The only adult in that video is a black guy hanging out with the whitest 12 year olds on the planet.
ohnine
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 am

jumpinjeza wrote:
ohnine wrote:that guy got fired............ :hanging:
Are you for real? Or taking the piss?

100%, pure, speculation.

i doubt this guy was supposed to be ebaying those...
nickro8303
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:58 am

Somebody should punch that guy in the face. The nerve of some people.
aotriple
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:22 am

Shouldn't the Regular AP edition's original price be $375?
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm

aotriple wrote:Shouldn't the Regular AP edition's original price be $375?
:: PRAYS for an AP edition ::
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Rebafeind wrote:
aotriple wrote:Shouldn't the Regular AP edition's original price be $375?
:: PRAYS for an AP edition ::
by AP he means the numbered AND signed prints Stout sold via lottery last week.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 pm

ohnine wrote:that guy got murdered............ :hanging: